Monday, September 2, 2024

Keeping busy . . .


Hello, September!  It's beginning to feel like fall, and now, September is here...  It's on it's way!  

Happy Labor Day as well!  I hope you enjoyed the day.  We celebrated Labor Day with our children on Sunday.  We had a wonderful hamburgers, hotdogs and all the fixings, it was delicious!  My son has a birthday on September 5th, so we celebrated his birthday as well.  I made him is favorite cake... white cake with chocolate frosting.  


This was actually the only picture I took the whole day!  I need to be better at that. 🤣😂

Last week, we decided to get a few things spruced up on the house.  The trim around the garage door looked pretty bad, and so we decided it was time to paint it.  There was paint on the brick, that has been there for many years, because I could never get it off - we just lived with it.  I decided I would just mix some paint colors and paint the brick... It worked!  It might not look perfect, but it covered up the white paint that looked terrible!  I wish I had a before picture, but I didn't think that far ;0)  You can see where, at some point in time, the hornets tried to build a next between the bricks.  I also painted and spruced up the trim around the front door... The back door is next.  


I ordered a new  Bundt cake pan, and it should be here tomorrow.  I've been looking for a delicious Bundt cake recipes for fall, maybe Halloween... These are a few I've found.




I think one of these cakes would be fun to make for a Halloween party.  Which one looks good to you?  I'm leaning toward the apple cake drizzled with caramel... Yum!

Have a wonderful, first week of September!

Be Safe, Hugs and Love,

Barb





9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! Those bundt cakes look delicious! Thanks for the recipes. I don't think you can tell at all that the brick is painted. It looks really great! Glad you could get together with your family over the weekend. I hope you have a great week!

Cindy said...

You know, I have never made a bundt cake. But they look delicious! Happy Birthday to your son. Looks like it was a nice party. You painted one of the bricks? I can't even tell which one you painted! They all look great to me!

Lori said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Labor Day!! Thank you for sharing the bundt cake recipes. They all look delicious. I always love making bundt cakes and all of these are perfect for fall. Great job on the house spruce. Isn't it funny how a little paint can make everything looks so nice? Have a great week.

Shug said...

Hey Barb...doesn't it feel wonderful to get small projects done and to give a quick facelift to the outside of our homes? Just painting can make a huge difference. I need to re-paint around my front door. Happy Birthday to your son. I love celebrating with family every chance we get...never gets old. Burgers and hotdogs was our meal for Labor Day as well. I think I would have to go with the Apple drizzled bundt cake. Everything about it speaks Fall. I'm saving this recipe far me to make at a later date. Send some of the cooler temps down here. Hugs to you Barb

Latane Barton said...

I think you should settle on the apple cake. After all, it's that time of year. And, it looks so darn good.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I love the fall look here, my friend. Happy September! Thank you for the recipes. They look delicious. And I love bundt cakes! Enjoy your week!

Jennifer said...

Not too long ago, I had (yet another) bundt cake disaster and put my bundt pan in the donate pile! Since then, I have seen so many yummy looking bundt cake recipes!! Maybe I just needed a new pan:) I am so impressed that you painted the brick - and it looks great!! Good job:)

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

A few of my favorite movies . . . And other things

This is such a weird topic for me, because I don't usually write about movies.  I don't really watch very many movies.  But, last ni...