Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Embracing Fall . . .

I've been loving the new feeling in the air . . .  It feels like fall . . .  Finally!  It seems like every day gets a little cooler.  In fact, on Thursday the high will only be around 59 degrees, with rain and thunderstorms.  My kind of fall day 🍂

We've had some beautiful sunsets because of the fires to the East and West of us.  The smoke creates such beauty in the night sky.  Although I am so sad that so much of the beauty we enjoy has been destroyed by fire.  I know it is Mother Nature's way of cleaning the forest floor, but it's so devastating for so many people in those areas.


I finally got around to putting up a few fall decorations.  



I made the, caramel apple Bundt cake recipe that I posted last week.  I was delicious!  I made it for a Daughters of Utah Pioneers luncheon that I went to yesterday.   Everyone really liked it, and asked for the recipe.  It's really good and moist.  When I make it again, I will put a bit of confectioner's sugar in the caramel topping,  just to make the caramel a bit thicker before putting in over the cake.  


Have a wonderful week, my friends!

Be safe XOXO

Hugs and Love,

Barb


 



5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! That bundt cake looks delicious. I should probably join a Daughters of the Utah Pioneers group when I retire and can attend the meetings, which are during the day. Glad that you are getting cooler temps and having a beautiful September.

Shug said...

Good morning Barb.. Your post is full of happy feelings and I can feel Fall in this sweet post. Look at that delicious looking cake. looks so moist and yummy. Your Fall decor looks so warm and inviting. Hope you all are not getting the smoke from all of the fires. I sure feel for those folks and praying these fires are contained very Soon. Our temps have been in the 80's...but the 90's will be back this next week. Hope your day is filled with all good things.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorrie said...

Hello Barb,
Yes, autumn is approaching little by little. We had a day of rain that made me feel cozy and wanting to pull out some fall decor. Dahlias are blooming like crazy in my garden these days and I love how they, along with the zinnias, will bloom until the first frost.
Your cake looks delicious!

Lori said...

It started to feel like fall but now it's back to summer here. I can't wait for the cooler temperatures to come and stay for a while. I am going to have to make that bundt cake. It looks amazing. Love all your decorations. Have a great week.

A few of my favorite movies . . . And other things

This is such a weird topic for me, because I don't usually write about movies.  I don't really watch very many movies.  But, last ni...