Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Lighting the world . . .

Winter is a hard time of year for me because it just feels so gray and cold.  But, this morning when I woke up, there was a beautiful golden glow outside, it was the sunrise!  It was a little foggy and the sun was peeking through the clouds, trying to warm up this dreary day.  I hurried and stepped outside into the cold damp morning, and this is what I saw!  I just love that even in the dreary cold and gray, there is color!

Tonight as I was getting dinner ready, I again noticed a beautiful golden glow outside . . . 

These trees that are normally dark, looked like they were glowing!  It was so lovely.   

And as the sun was setting, I was able to witness this beautiful sunset!  I hurried out the door and snapped this photo.  When I came back in the house, the lights on my hutch were on  . . . 


And when I  looked up at it, I noticed the lights and the color that was reflecting on the brass on my oil lamps.  It was so pretty!  

Christmastime is hard for me, it always has been.  I have been praying that I would be able to feel the light of Christ this Christmas season.  I truly feel like these beautiful things were the answer to my prayers.  There is beauty and light all around us, and all we need to do is look. 

In my church we do something amazing each year called, Light the World.  We encourage everyone to do something nice each day of December and everyday of the year.  This year, this was the, Light the World display in Times Square.  It is so beautiful, and a gentle reminder to all of us to light the world by letting your light shine, by loving the people around you, by sharing joy and following the example of Jesus Christ, as we celebrate His birth.   Enjoy this amazing video!


Be safe, much love to you, 

Hugs,

Barb


6 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Barb! LOVE your photos. I've noticed a number of times over the last couple of weeks how the sun hits the trees at just the right angle making them glow. It's beautiful. I don't mind the longer nights this time of year but the dreary days do get to me a bit. Christmas can be an emotional time of year for many of us. I enjoyed the video and the idea of Light the World. Work and the situation with my husbands health has been stressful. I need to remember to let my light shine. I always try to remind myself that things could be MUCH worse. Enjoy your day!!

Jennifer said...

Wow - so many pretty photos...and so much pretty light! I'd take that as a little gift from the Lord. A reminder that He is not only the reason for the season (December is hard for me!!) but He is present through all of it! I'm going to look for some "signs" meant just for me...as a little reminder:) Rich blessings to you this week!!

Marie Rayner said...

I also find myself feeling somewhat blue from time to time during the month of December Barb. It is so easy to focus on our losses at a time when so many around us are celebrating their gains. A bright sunny Winter day is surely cause for celebration however and your photos are glowing with joy. Giving is the best way to make your way out from the doldrums. Love and hugs and blessings to you xoxo

Shug said...

Hi Barb. Beautiful reflections. Christmas time is very difficult for so many people and I am so thankful that this is a season when we do have so many lights shining everywhere. Light brings such hope for us all to see. Can you imagine living in Alaska or other parts of the world where there is so much darkness during the Winter months? this would be difficult for me. Just imagine how much light would shine in this world if we all did our part in showing kindness to all. Hope you and your family have a Beautiful Christmas and Merry Christmas to you all. hugs

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your photos are beautiful, and the video is wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Happiest New Year wishes to you - I hope that you are doing well and 2024 is off to a blessed and peaceful start! Just checking in:)

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...