Monday, November 20, 2023


At this time of the year, I always reflect on how blessed I am and how grateful I am to all of those who have, and will bless me along the way.  In church we sing a beautiful song called, "Because I Have Been Given Much".  As you read these lyrics, think of all the blessings you have been given, and maybe some ways you can bless others in their lives.


Because I Have Been Given Much

 Because I have been given much, I too must give.

Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.

I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,

who has the need of help from me.


Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care…

I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-

my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head,

that he too may be comforted.


Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,

I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.

I shall give love to those in need. I’ll show that love by word and deed,

thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.
~Written by Grace Noll Crowell~

When I am counting my blessings,  for which I am so very thankful, let me remember those who have helped me and blessed my life in so many unspeakable ways - I am so thankful for all of you who are so dear to me.  Today, let me also remember to give thanks for you, to the God we worship together.

Be safe, and know that you are loved.

Hugs and Love,

Barb

8 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Barb,

Such a beautiful post. I am thankful for the years of friendship here, and I look forward to many more! Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

Shug said...

Hi Barb. This is beautiful and so very touching words in this hymn. I visited with someone yesterday about how Blessed we are, and yet how much we complain. There is a ministry in Africa that our church supports and the huts that these people live in are very clean, even with dirt floors. Really makes one think of how we would deal with living conditions such as this. Thank you for the beautiful reminder of our many Blessings and how we need to pour ourselves out to help others. Thank you for your friendship. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. I do love that hymn so much. It has such a wonderful and TRUE message. I hope that you and yours have a really wonderful, memorable Thanksgiving! See you again soon!

Lorrie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Barb.

Donna said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

The first thing that comes to my mind every day when I wake up is Thank You!! I love the hymn that you shared. It really puts it all in to prospective.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

MELODY JACOB said...

This is lovely.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful lyrics.
I am not familiar with this hymn so I'm going to try and find a link for it on YouTube.
Thanks for sharing.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...