Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Week-end Adventures . . .

 

On Saturday, my husband took my grandson deer hunting, and my daughter, granddaughter and another grandson tagged along!  Our day started out with this gorgeous sunrise, and it just got more beautiful as we drove . . . 




Leaving a beautiful pink glow on the mountains . . .  











Nathan was all ready to go, but looking a little like a burglar!  I think he even scared Tanner!  But he was so excited to get going.   Grandpa brought the Razor, and you know how kids love to ride in a Razor... so do grandpa's ;0)  Grandpa let him drive the last 10 miles at the end of the day.

It was a beautiful morning, and we were anxious to see the eclipse, but the clouds just kept rolling in, and we were afraid they would block it from our view.  But we managed to see it!

We soon realized that if we looked through the dark part of the windshield, the part right up at the top, we were able to take pictures of the sun when it blinked through the clouds!  It was still hard to see at times, but without that UV protection and the tinted glass, I don't think we could have gotten any pictures at all.  







If you've never been able to witness an eclipse, it's a sight to behold!  It was just beautiful, despite the cloud cover!  It wasn't a total eclipse, but we still had fun watching it and taking photos.

I finally finished my sweater!  Because of the yarn I used this sweater is thick, but it will be really warm on those cold winter nights that are sure to come.  



I also finished the drawing for my sister-in-law... 


and now I'm working on one for my great-niece.  I'm finding it a bit more challenging because there is a dog in it, and I'm not great at drawing animals.  She's just the sweetest girl, and I'm happy to do this for her.  The picture is one that was taken when she was little, and that's also a challenge... children are hard to draw.



I'm getting ready to go make apple pie filling to put in the freezer for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Here's a picture of my help this afternoon.  I always love to see a man in the kitchen!


This is a good recipe for apple pie, apple crisp, apple cobbler or apple bars... anything apple!  


Apple Pie Filling for the Freezer
6 cups of peeled and sliced apples
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
A sprinkle of salt

Toss the spices, flour and sugar with the sliced apples.  Freeze in gallon size freezer bags . . . enjoy!


A quick thank you to all of you who have hung in there with me.  I know I don't post very often, but I'm trying to do better now that it's getting colder and I'm not running quite as much!  
Speaking of running, I better run and get this post up before it gets too late! 

 Be safe, see you soon!  

Hugs and Love,

Barb



8 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous photos!! All of them. I love your sweater. That is one of my favorite colors. You do amazing work. Enjoy the rest of your week!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. Great to see what is going on with you. You always have beautiful pictures. We were in St. George and got to see almost a full eclipse in a cloudless sky. It was quite something to behold. Your hunting trip looks like fun. I love the sweater and of course your portraits are amazing. You have a lot of talent. Enjoy the rest of the week. See you again soon!

Jennifer said...

Such pretty pictures!! Looks like everyone enjoyed the hunting trip!:) I love your sweater - what a pretty color! I think it will be perfect this winter. Enjoy your drawing...I am so impressed!!

Donna said...

We saw the eclipse as well...beautiful and eerie shadows.
Love all the photos...and I just had made Apple Pie Ice cream last week!
hugs
Donna

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful pictures, Barb--the skies, the sunrise, the fall colors, the eclipse.
I don't think the eclipse was visible in my neck of the woods--or if it was, I missed it.😢
Your drawings are wonderful. You are really talented.
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed this post.

Marie Rayner said...

We did not get the eclipse here but I loved seeing your photos of it! But then I always love all your photos! I just noticed your very autumnal wall paper. How lovely! I am going to share your apple pie filling recipe with my sister! She is really getting into preserving this year! Thanks for all you share! Love and hugs, oxox

PS - I think you are a phenomenal artist!

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...