Friday, September 22, 2023

I'm ready for Fall . . .

 

I've been waiting patiently for fall, an it's finally here!  Today it especially felt like fall.  When I woke up this morning, it was only about 40 degrees and raining.  This afternoon the sun is shining, but it's still only 48 degrees outside and a little windy.

I started my day by going to a funeral of a dear friend.  It was a lovely service and it was fun to see her family and friends.  Kathy and her husband used to live across the street from us, and were very dear friends.  Some of you who have been with me on my blog for a long time, might remember our river trips to the Salmon River to fish for Steelhead.  We went with Shane, Kathy and their son and daughter in law.  Kathy has had Alzheimer's for many years and her poor little body just gave up.  She will be missed by so many people, as she was a beautiful lady, inside and out.  Rest in peace, sweet friend.

When Fall finally arrives, and the weather changes, so does my playlist...  this is what I've been listening to lately . . . 

I've been busy in the kitchen making, chili sauce and zucchini relish.  My husband loves my chili sauce and this year we ran out!  I'm hoping to get enough tomatoes to make several batches this year, I just want them to hurry up and ripen.  If you want the recipe, you can find it here, it's delicious.

For dinner tonight, we are having pork roast, acorn squash and zucchini.  I also made a batch of cinnamon streusel muffins for dessert.  Don't you just love the flavors of Fall?!



 The other day, I looked out my window and saw this cute little Robin trying to find a place to perch... so cute.  He decided the handle on the grow bag was perfect for him!

My daughter often sends photos to me during the week, and I love them.  A few weeks ago, this is what she sent me... it made me smile :0)


Tanner just loves his chicken.


I did manage to put up a few fall decorations.  I usually put up more, but this year I simplified.

I have been drawing a picture of my sister in law's mother who passed away a year ago... I'm almost done.


Well, I guess I better get dinner going.  Enjoy this beautiful, first day of Fall!  

“Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few. September, November And these few precious days I’ll spend with you.” – Frank Sinatra

Be safe . . .  hugs and love,

Barb

8 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend! Happy fall!!!!! Your blog is so warm and cozy. Sorry about your friend. Your drawing is wonderful! I'd love to pop in for some muffins and coffee. : )

Terra said...

How sad to lose a friend. The portrait you are doing of another lady seems to capture her. The food you show here looks delicious.

Christine said...

I’m very sorry about your friend, Barb. It is hard to lose our loved ones, even when we know it was time for them to go.
The robin is so cute, as is Tanner and his chicken! We don’t get acorn squash very often here, and if we do it’s not the size I’m used to back home. The photo made me hungry for it!
It’s cooling off here too, and I’ll have to say I don’t mind a jot.
Have a lovely weekend my friend,

Christine

Hena Tayeb said...

So sorry to hear about your friend.
Tanner and his chicken are adorable.

Shug said...

Hey there my sweet friend. I have missed visiting with you. So very sorry for the loss of your friend. My condolences. Oh my, that butternut squash looks sooooo good. I really enjoy eating them, but I just never think of picking some up at the grocery store. Still in the upper 90's here in Texas. My house is decorated for Fall, but still waiting on the cooler temps. Send some cooler temp down my way. Big hugs to you

Donna said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend! I lost mine to the same thing last Christmas Day.
All the food looks so delicious!! And I'm not really decorating for Fall...Christmas is my thing! Love it...
Stay warm!!
hugs
Donna

Jennifer said...

Oh my that acorn squash looks so yummy! Definitely need to be picking up some of that next trip to the market!! I hope your week is off to a good start...Happy Monday...and here's to a productive week ahead!

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I love the flavors and sites and feel of Fall. It's still a bit warm here but much better than summer. The muffins look delicious! Have a great week.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...