Friday, September 29, 2023

Fall Colors and other Autumny things . . .


It's beginning to look more like fall everyday.  The colors are beginning to change from green to yellow, but we still have a few weeks for the colors to peak.  On Wednesday, we decided to take a drive to our favorite part of our little world here in Idaho, and it was just beautiful!











“Go, sit upon the lofty hill, And turn your eyes around, Where waving woods and waters wild Do hymn an autumn sound. The summer sun is faint on them— The summer flowers depart— Sit still— as all transform’d to stone, Except your musing heart.”  Elizabeth Barrett Browning, The Autumn

One of my favorite views is the Grand Tetons from the west side, they are just magnificent, no matter which side you look at them from!  


As we were driving, we came upon this gigantic herd of sheep...they were traveling up the road for at least a mile.  There were probably 6-8 sheep herders and 8-10 dogs traveling with them.  It took us a little while to get through them, but with the help of the herder, we were able to do it in no time at all.   When my husband was a boy, his family raised sheep and so he knew to stay close to the herder as he cleared the path... I was so afraid we would would hit him!  But, all was well!





Last night I watched Averi for my daughter and her husband, and when they came home, they had this gorgeous bouquet of flowers for me!!  I love to watch Averi, she is such a joy in our lives, but this was a real treat... I love them!!


I was gifted a big bucket of plums last week from our sweet friends, Tammy and Alan.  I made a batch of plum jam, froze a big bag of plums for cobbler, and froze some that I had stewed to put over ice cream.  They were so delicious.  I love the color after they are cooked.  You can tell we really enjoyed this cobbler ;0)




This week-end, we are going to watch General Conference.  General Conference is held two times a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, and is a very uplifting and encouraging few days.  During conference, Church leaders speak on a variety of spiritual topics.  The speakers address Latter-day Saints as well as faith and community representatives and other conference guests.  Speakers include the worldwide leader of our church, President Russell M. Nelson.  The talks usually cover gospel principles or address significant issues of the day, with speakers encouraging individuals and families in their efforts to follow Jesus Christ.  


Last night as I was getting ready to turn out the lights, I snapped a photo of this cute little grape-vine pumpkin that sits in my dining room.  I loved the shadow play on the wall from the fairy lights that are inside of it.


I hope you are all well and settling into fall.  It's my favorite time of year, and I try to savor every moment I can before it's gone.  I hope you do the same.  

Well, off to get dinner going!  Have a wonderful week-end, enjoy this beautiful season and be safe.  See you soon!
Hugs and Love,

Barb



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my but autumn is incredibly gorgeous in your neck of the woods. The colors are starting here but you definitely have a head start on us:) What a lovely gift...plums! Oh and pretty flowers!! I cannot believe how many sheep!! And right by the road. I do love sheep:) Happy Wednesday to you, friend!

Donna said...

How amazing, the photos!! A gorgeous area!
The cobbler looks delicious as does the jam!
Hope you are enjoying the cooler weather!
hugs
Donna

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...