Sunday, August 21, 2022

August glow . . .

It was a slow week-end, kind of lazy, cloudy, windy, a little rainy, cooler week-end.  We've been having a few storms come through, and this one was especially beautiful.  It was one of those storms that doesn't really do much as far as rain, but it did make everything beautiful and golden.  It reminds me that fall is just around the corner...and I can hardly wait!  I've been listening to, John Barry and this song is one of my favorites, enjoy...


These were the clouds on Sunday evening, they were so beautiful I just had to take a picture of them...gorgeous!  One of my goals this winter is to start painting again, and these photos will give me some really good examples to use as I paint.









This is the sunset that created the beautiful golden glow on this beautiful night.  This reminds me that I don't even need to leave my own backyard to find beauty...it's all around us, all the time! 



Have a wonderful week...until next time...

Be safe, and always stop to look at the sunset!

Hugs, 

Barb





8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. Good to hear from you. We had a little rain here on Saturday and Sunday was cooler, which was so nice. These pictures are lovely. I didn't know that you paint! I hope you will share some of your paintings on your blog. You are very talented. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Again, Barb, those photos of yours!!!! You could seriously be a professional photographer - they are simply beautiful. And, I agree, with the beauty all around you, you don't need to go anywhere else! : ) God bless you and your week ahead. Thanks for sharing.

Vee said...

If only I could see it! I'd have to climb up out of my holler. Exquisite photographs, Barb!

LeAnn said...

I love the photos. You are amazing at capturing all this beauty. Thanks for sharing, I may you a few if I ever get back blogging again. Thus far, I'm so busy I feel like I don't have time to breathe. Of course, I'm slower these days. I too look forward to fall and pray time slows down a bit. You always give me hope through your thoughts and photos. Love you much!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh wow, those cloud photographs are amazing and the music goes so wonderfully with them. As always I enjoy visiting with you. Love you Barb! I am looking forward to the autumn. Its my favorite time of year for sure. xoxo

Kerin said...

Incredible clouds and sunsets!! You certainly live in a location that is blessed with beautiful skies!!
Thanks for that John Barry song! It is perfect for this slower season... the lull between summer and Fall.
I bought the cutest little shelf cd player with speakers for my mantel and it has blue tooth, so I can listen to sweet music from Amazon or YouTube. It's been so nice!!
We had the sweetest Stake Conference this past Sunday, and it was a reminder to focus on Christ and to slow down and enjoy this blessing of life :)
I'm so sorry that food tastes have changed so drastically for you since battling the 'gomboo'!! I so hope that your tastes return and especially so that you can enjoy popcorn again...*wink and smile**.
Have a wonderful week!
~K.

Christine said...

Once again, what wonderful photos Barb! You truly have a gift and I’m sure than any one of those photos would make a beautiful painting, and I am looking forward to seeing them on canvas. Love to see you posting to, my friend.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wonderful photos. You live in a beautiful location. I hope you share some of your paintings on your blog.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...