Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentine's Day . . .



Another Valentine's Day has come and gone...I love this day and pray that there will be many more to come.  On Thursday, my sweet husband gave me flowers, took me to dinner, ate chocolate with me, and made me feel like a queen...he always does.  And on Valentine's Day, we went to lunch with my daughter and my granddaughter...dinner was left overs and PB&J for me!  That's what I love about old love, it's all good!!  

I love this song, growing old with my sweetheart has been wonderful!!  


When You are Old
By Martina McBride

When you are old and tired and gray
Wear you overcoat on sunny days
When your brave tales have all been told
I'll ask for them when you are old

When you are old and full of sleep
And death no longer makes you weep
When your body aches with cold
I'll warm your heart when you are old

You'll still be the same to me
A comfort and a mystery
And I will be old too you see 
 I'll need someone to comfort me

When you are old and pale and gaunt

A gentle hand is all you want
I will give you mine to hold
And I'll be here when you are old

Yes I will give you mine to hold
And I'll be here when you are old

Be Safe, XO

Hugs and Love,
Barb

6 comments:

Christine said...

First time hearing this song! It hits you right in the heart!😢



LeAnn said...

I really loved this endearing Valentine's post. It is good to have a caring and loving Eternal Companion. This is a beautiful song; thanks for sharing it.
Love and hugs for you two! Looking forward to spending some moments with you guys soon.

Cindy said...

What a sweet Valentine's Day! I've never heard that song but I love it, wow!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Since you have been so nice in commenting on my blogposts, Barb, it finally dawned on me that I could comment on yours as well! It takes me a while to figure all this stuff out. LOL It certainly sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day - GORGEOUS flowers!!!!!! I hope it warms up for you out your way (we're in the deep freeze right now too). Have a good upcoming week! Mary S.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Barb, what a wonderful Valentine's Day! I agree with you. Old love is best! xo

Marie Rayner said...

I've never heard that song before Barb! Its beautiful! I love my old love. Looks like you had the perfect Valentines Day. Love and hugs always, xoxo

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...