Saturday, July 6, 2019

Time Marches On . . .

It's so true that time marches on, and I have absolutely no idea where the time went.  All I wanted to do was take a short break from blogging...and then it was today!  I'm afraid that this post will be, photo-overload!

What's been happening in my world?

Well, Thursday was the 4th of July, and we kept it pretty quiet at our house, well at least quiet in our yard, as there was BIG noise all around us!  Last night was no exception, there were very big booms all around us until at least midnight.  I'm babysitting my daughter's little dog, and he was scared to death!

On the 4th, my son and his family came to celebrate with us and they brought a few little fireworks, it was a good time, as always.


 And what would my blog be without a sunset?  This was the sunset right before the fireworks.  I think Mother Nature always has the best fireworks display.


These sunsets are an accumulation of the past few weeks.  I love this time of year, I am never disappointed by our beautiful Idaho sunsets.




In June we went camping with my girls and their families, we had really fun...in between the rain storms, and the wind ;0)  But it sure made everything fresh and green!

I took this photo of a funnel cloud trying to form during one of the storms...kind of scary!



My son-in-law had a birthday while we were there, so of course we had to celebrate!


After breakfast the guys were getting ready to go fishing, so I took a picture of them, and I loved how the sun was shining down right on the birthday boy himself!!  Tanner doesn't look very enthused about going fishing does he?  I think he was just cold...it was pretty cold that week-end as well.


Jess and the boys decided to make a teepee one day, and the boys had really fun playing in it.
 Tanner built some little teepee's for his animals, I just couldn't resist taking a picture of them...so cute.




Ladder ball was a big hit! So was taking a walk with Averi.  Averi loves to go for a walk, but she has to have someone with her, so Nathan and Caleb were the boys for the job!




 It was so cold and we really needed a fire to warm up, so Emily and Tanner went hunting for kindling, they were such good sports because it really was cold!


But worth it in the end, the fire felt soooo good!


We had a hard time keeping Nathan out of the creek, he was always wet!  He didn't care how cold it was he just wanted to be in the water.


Averi had  fun sitting by the lake, she loves to go camping.  She was throwing rocks in the water...one of her favorite things to do, she loves to hear them splash!

The lake was just beautiful!!  

One day we made little sun catchers...it helped pass the time while the wind was blowing.  They looked really pretty the next morning in the sun.

 Oh, and did I mention the sunsets?!  I'm not kidding, they were just beautiful!! 






We really did miss our sweet old, Cole Dog...He loved to go camping.

Until next time!  I can't wait to catch up with everyone!!

Be safe!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

9 comments:

Christine said...

So glad to see you back, my friend!
Camping in Idaho is so much better then anywhere else. I think (I know), it's the sunsets, clear water, green-green grass and fresh air!

Saimi said...

Oh my goodness Barb I feel the same way. I was pretty much absent the whole month of June and had a lot of posting to do to get caught up. I need to stay current as it's my way of journaling so I can finally say, I'm caught up. You guys look like you had a fun and amazing camping trip! And you are right about those Idaho sunsets, holy cow they are gorgeous. I love those makeshift tents, my grandsons would have loved to play in them and how cute that they made some for their animals. One of the twins is like Nathan, he loves anything water and doesn't care about the cold either. Kids, they're the best. No cares in the world but to play and have fun!!
Have a wonderful weekend Barb!
X0X0
Saimi

Vee said...

Oh I hoped that you’d be back...so nice to see you here with your camping adventures, adorable grands, and those amazing skies.

Marsha said...

Oh, what fun family time. Your family always makes family time the bestest!

Billie Jo said...

Hello, Lovely Friend!
I am so happy to see you here!
I always enjoy your photos of your family and adventures.
Have a cozy Sunday, and a lovely week ahead!

Cindy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love that teepee and immediately starting thinking about how I could do that with my granddaughter in our backyard!

Jill said...

I love seeing children using their imaginations and nothing is better then playing outside and exploring as a child, though I do say I love the outdoors as an adult too, lol. The pictures are just stunning! Looks like your summer is off to a great start!

Blessings,
Jill

Marie Rayner said...

I always love your sunset photos Barb! You sure do live in a little piece of heaven on earth! Loved all the camping photos also. You are so blessed to be able to do this with family! What a wonderful time you have had. I've missed you! xoxo

LeAnn said...

Hi, my sweet friend,
I loved your post. You do take the most beautiful sunset photos ever. I stole a few, of course.
They make such great graphics. I'm happy you could celebrate the 4th with your son's family.
Of course, we enjoyed celebrating with our family too. We had so much fun with James, Amber and the kids. I hope to get it blogged soon. I haven't blogged for over a month. Wow, life is busy.
I enjoyed all your family vacation moments. The photos of your grandchildren are always awesome. I do love our Averi and you got great photos of her. I loved her walking with the boys in the field. I love the thought of how she would enjoy throwing rocks in the water and listening to the splash. She is so precious.
The lake looks so beautiful and calm. i would love some moments there for sure.
Sending you lots of loving thoughts and hugs! I wish we could have seen you guys for a moment or two when we came up overnight last night.
Hugs again!

Leap Day . . .

  I need to hurry and get this post up before tomorrow! Outside My Window... It's a very gray 29th of February, and we are expecting a s...