Saturday, September 21, 2019

Hello!!

Yes, It's me...I know, it's been a long time since you have heard from me, but I'm still here!!  It's been a busy summer for me, and I know it's been a busy summer for all of you as well.  To tell you the truth, I have been debating in my mind whether I wanted to keep blogging or not.  Then, one of my kids would ask me about it, and several of you have e-mailed me, just checking up.  I realized I just needed a blogging break...that's all...just a break.

I have had a kinda crazy summer though, seems like I would just get through with one big thing, then on to the next big thing.  But, life is calming down some, the days are getting shorter and cooler and when that happens, I just go into hibernation mode and want to hunker down and spend more time at home - I want all things cozy, all things toasty!  But, I will share a couple of things that kept me busy the last few months...

This beautiful granddaughter graduated from high school, and started college this fall.  I can hardly believe that she is old enough to be in college!!  She will do great things, I'm so excited for her journey!



And this sweet girl turned 17!!  I gave her two new hats and a neck pillow for her birthday.  One of her hats had words in braille on it...so cute!  We went camping for her birthday, that's what she wants every year, and she gets it, of course!  We sure love this adorable girl.



The nights were cool and crisp, just perfect for me!
 

What would camping be without our fancy fire...it was so pretty!!


 We took four of our grands for a week, and we had so much fun.  Averi had a swimming party, and everyone got nice and soaked!
 


  




Aaaaahhhh...love these sweet kids!


 And of course, I'll leave you with a sunset...



Looking forward to catching up, hoping everyone is safe and well!



Hugs and Love,
Barb

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It's great to hear from you! I for one am glad you've decided to keep blogging. Thankful your absence was only a break. Those pictures of the kids in the pool are incredible! It sounds like you've had a fun and busy summer! I'm with you, the cooler, shorter days make me want to just hunker down at home!

Jill said...

Your grandkids are so precious! That's awesome they got to write on their graduation caps. My daughter's school wouldn't let her and she's an artist so she really wanted to. :-) Sometimes a break is good and then it helps us realize how much we enjoy blogging ;-) I'm glad to see you back I've always enjoyed your posts. I hope you are finding some time to rest among all the activities too. Have a great week!

blessings,
Jill

LeAnn said...

I always smile when I see that you have posted something. I love you dear friend and like to read your updates. Of course, this is an extra sweet one. How can those dear grandchildren of ours grown up so much. Taylor Jo is such a beauty and I can hardly believe her mission papers are in. I loved the photos of them and especially the precious one of Averi in the pool. You other grands are so adorable too. Love you much dear sister friend and I'm sending lots of love and hugs our way.

Christine said...

Kids, swimming pool, and throw in a hammock, it says Summer!
You were missed but I'm glad to see you back.

PS; your pictures are wonderful! Love the sunset one.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...