Friday, November 10, 2017

This and That . . .


Hehehehehe...it's so true!!  I love to crochet!  I don't crochet a lot during the summer, but when Fall arrives, you can find me on the couch with a big pile of yarn!  

On Wednesday, my sister and I went to, JoAnn's, you know what that means!  Yes, we came out with a bag full of beautiful yarn.  She wanted to make some headbands for her grands and I wanted to make some new hats for mine for Christmas.  I got two of the hats done yesterday - they  turned out so cute, and they're so easy to make.  I made them in their favorite colors, and they will keep those little ears warm.


Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon raking, power washing, cleaning and  getting ready for winter.  We pulled the old dead flowers out of the flower pots, put the cushions from the patio furniture away, and power washed the patio and steps.  We raked and cleaned up a ton of leaves and little branches from the lawn . . . I think we're ready for winter... :0)  It was a gorgeous day, I didn't even wear a coat or a jacket.

At one point I looked up and this is what I saw -



There were so many vapor trails in the sky and more being made - I guess that the atmospheric pressure was just keeping them in place...it looked very strange!

As you can see, most of the leaves are off of the trees now, the backyard looks so bare.  Yes, winter is upon us.  We are suppose to get rain and maybe even snow later today, but right now, it's almost 50 degrees.  It's a gorgeous day!


I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year, it's always fun to get together with family, which is something I'm very grateful for.  It will only be one family, and maybe one son, but it will be fun, and I'm pretty sure we'll eat too much!  I'm always looking for new ideas for Thanksgiving dinner, so . . . what are some of your favorites for Thanksgiving?   Do you have any fun traditions?


Have a wonderful week-end!!

Hugs and Love,

Barb

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your hats, Barb. You crochet fast! The leaves have not completely fallen here yet. My husband is going to rake/blow them this weekend if the weather holds out. It is suppose to be in the 20's overnight. I am not ready for that cold weather yet! I can't think of Thanksgiving traditions except when I was little, we always watched the original B&W version of Miracle on 34th Street. I love that movie still! xo

Vee said...

You and I have been doing the same chores...deck washing, stashing of outdoor furniture, raking and blowing leaves...not quite caught up with this one as the wind just blew in a bunch more.

LeAnn said...

Oh, how I wish I could crochet like you. I had planned to do some of this and maybe at some point of time. Your hats are adorable.
We had a beautiful day that I had hoped to get our some outside stuff done but we ended up having a delightful day out with some friends.
I do like ti when we get everything put away for the winter.We don't have a lot to do but hope to have a good day to finish it. I do love your photos and the one interesting.
This really is a sweet time of year and I too look forward to the holidays.
Sending hugs your way!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh the hats are adorable! The grands will love them.

It sounds like you got so much accomplished in getting the house and yard ready for the freezing days ahead. I'm hoping to get windows washed this coming week.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I've been buying turkey at Winco everytime I go in, it's such a good sale and I love to cook turkey several times a year.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Marsha said...

You have been busy, haven't you?! What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.
Your hats a just the cutest....amazing you crocheted two in one day. Your grand will love them.
The vapor trail photos are amazing. I don't think I have ever seen a sky that looks like that. The top photo just had me spellbound. I've looked at the photo numerous times. Thanks for sharing!
Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend - Marsha

Cindy said...

I love those vapor trails! Looks like you live right in the flight path! I would love that! A couple weeks ago I spent an afternoon planting bulbs and getting other plants ready for winter. Time to get ready to hunker down for a few months!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb, love the little crocheted caps. I love to crochet too, but I am not great at it. My grand daughter wants me to teacher her, but I need to get better myself. Lovely fall pictures. Enjoy the week ahead, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Those are the cutest caps! I wish I could crochet or knit, but I've never been able to do either one. Your sky shots are amazing! Have a great week! Hugs, Cheryl

Marie Rayner said...

Your little caps are gorgeous Barb! I love the colours. Where did you find the pattern? It’s too late for this year, but maybe next year! What a busy day! You must both feel so good after a day spent doing so much. Very tired but what a wonderful sense of satisfaction at getting everything done and ready for the winter! Love reading about your busy life! God bless. Xoxo

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...