Sunday, May 5, 2024

We've been Busy. . .


Hello!  How many of you celebrate, May Day?!  I can remember making May Day baskets in grade school, but I'm pretty sure it's something that's only in the past.  May has arrived, and it's hard for me to believe that we are almost half way through the year!  

We have been busy.  April was a crazy busy month, and it looks like May will be just as crazy.  Taylor Jo graduated with her, Bachelor of Science Degree in, Recreational Therapy.  It was such a great accomplishment for her, and I was so glad that I was able to celebrate with her.  I know that she will do great things with her degree.  





It's been so off and on here in Idaho, as far as the weather goes.  I think it's been that way all over the country.  I'm very grateful that we only get cold, rain, snow and wind, and not tornadoes.  My heart goes out to all of those who have been affected by with the weather.  This photo was taken last Thursday, and we're expecting more snow tomorrow.

In April, we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.  It was soooo much fun!  My children had a beautiful dinner for us... prim rib, loaded baked potatoes, green salad, coconut cream salad, rolls and of course our wedding cake!  We all look a little somber in this photo, but trust me, it's because we were all enjoying our delicious meal.



These two could hardly wait to dig in!  Just out of view is the most delicious prime rib that my son in law smoked.  It was cooked perfectly and so tender that you could cut it with a fork.  My oldest daughter, her daughter and daughter in law, made this beautiful cake for us!  It was a lemon cake, with blueberry filling. Not only was it just beautiful, it was absolutely delicious!  By the end of the night I'm not sure there was a crumb left on the platter.




This was a fun table with wedding photos and our favorite candy... can you guess which candies are my favorite?  There were orange slices, Jolly Ranchers, Snickers, M&M's, and Butter Fingers.  If you picked orange slices and Jolly Ranchers for me, you got it right!





This was such a fun night, and one that I will always remember.  We ended the night with everyone talking about their favorite memories of Bob and I.  Of course, there were lots of tears and a lot of laughter.  We had so much fun, and are so grateful to our amazing children for celebrating this wonderful milestone in our lives.  💕


Last Thursday, Tammy, my sweet bestie and I went to the Vintage Fair.  It's a fun tradition for us.  I didn't really buy much, but we had so much fun just looking and checking out all the fun crafts and beautiful things people create and collect.  



This girl will be 6 months old this month.  Where on earth has the time gone!?  It's been really fun to have her with us, we just adore her.  Such a bright light in our day!



Yesterday one of my granddaughters had a birthday,  On the 10th it is one of my daughters birthdays. On the 23rd, we will celebrate another granddaughters high school graduation, and on the 28, my sweet husband will celebrate his 70th birthday!  And of course, we will celebrate it with him on Memorial Day.  So, our month is already full!

Until next time, I'll leave you with a couple of  beautiful sunsets we are so blessed to have here in Idaho.  I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying spring!   

Be safe, XOXO

Hugs and Love,

Barb

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! There is so much to love in this post. April was a wonderful month for your family! Happy 50th anniversary. Great pictures of you and Bob and your lovely family. It's so neat that your entire family gathered to celebrate this milestone anniversary. It's so neat that your granddaughter graduated from BYU-Idaho. I am hoping that we have some pictures like that to share when Josh graduates in December. We got snow here this afternoon, but like you, I will take the late season snow over tornadoes any day. I have lived in places that had tornadoes, and no thank you! I don't want to move any place like that. I hope you have a wonderful week. See you again soon!

Lori said...

Hi Barb. Well it sounds like April was a wonderful month for you and your family. Congratulations to your grand daughter and her major accomplishment. How awesome that your family celebrated your 50th Anniversary with you both. 50 years is amazing. Everything looked so nice and what a gorgeous cake. Lemon and blueberry are so good together I'm sure it was delicious. The Vintage Fair sounds like fun. I'm not much of a shopper anymore but I do still enjoy seeing all of the things people are making. I hope May is another great month for you!!

Shug said...

Happy Anniversary....this is a big one and it looks like your family honored you all very nicely. Beautiful cake and decorations and wow, the menu sounds wonderful. Congratulation to Taylor. This is a big accomplishment. You look great Barb. so very pretty. Happy Birthday to all of your kiddos. We love celebrating birthdays around here. Our youngest grandson turns 21 next week. Glad to see that there is a ton of happiness happening all around you. Happy Mother's Day weekend. Enjoy all of it...

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Congratulations on your 50th! I wrote something very similar to your May Day memories and question in last week's post.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Belated Happy Golden Anniversary! That is quite a milestone.
Looks like you had a wonderful celebration and I've enjoyed looking at all the pictures.
The cake looks beautiful and the menu sounds wonderful.
And those sunset photos at the end of your post are truly breathtaking.

We've been Busy. . .

Hello!  How many of you celebrate, May Day?!  I can remember making May Day baskets in grade school, but I'm pretty sure it's someth...