Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Finally April~

 


I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it!

Outside my window~  


I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  The grass is turning green, the sky is blue, and it's in the upper 50's today, Hallelujah!  But . . .  it's not going to last.  We are suppose to have rain and colder weather by the weekend, but after that, things will improve! 

On My Playlist~  April Showers!


On My Mind~  So how many of you were able to see the Eclipse?  I remember so well when we were able to view it in my area and it was so much fun!  These photos were taken in my backyard in 2017.  It was absolutely amazing.  I hope, if you did see it, you took lots of photos, I would love to see them.  I put my little Eclipse sunglasses in front of my lens for safety when taking these pictures.  



What's for Dinner~  


This is such a delicious meal, just enough for two people, in fact. we had enough left over for my husband to have it for lunch the next day!  You can of course double it for more people ;0)  I served this with a green salad . . .  so delicious.

Shrimp and Bacon Pasta

·         4 ounces uncooked pasta

·         0.5 pound medium or large shrimp thawed & peeled (remove tails if desired)

·         2 strips bacon cut into small pieces

·         0.5 medium tomato diced finely

·         0.5 large clove garlic minced

·         0.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard

·         1 dashes Italian seasoning

·         0.13 cup chicken broth or dry white wine

·         0.5 cup heavy/whipping cream (I used fat free half and half)

·         0.25 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

·         Salt & pepper to taste

·         Fresh parsley chopped (optional)

 

Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook al dente according to package directions.

Prep your bacon (I use kitchen shears to make it easy to cut it up). Fry the bacon over medium-high heat in a skillet until crispy (7-10 mins.). Take the bacon out of the pan and set aside.  Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan, but keep a little bit in for flavor. 

Add the tomato, garlic, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth to the pan. Give it a good stir and let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes.

Add the cream to the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes (so it reduces & thickens). If it's bubbling like crazy, turn down the heat.  Add the shrimp and bacon to the pan. Let it cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp have cooked through.

Drain the pasta and add it to the pan, tossing until it's nicely coated in the sauce.

Stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper as needed. Garnish with parsley if using.

What I'm Creating~  Well,  not anything at the moment, but I am going to start a quilt... we'll see how that goes, but, I am just itching to have something crafty to do.  I'm also going to make some crochet hot pads, I've had several requests for them ;0)

What I'm Reading ~ I just started a book called, The Red Heart.  By James Alexander Thom.  


The Slocum family of Northeastern Pennsylvania are the best of the white settlers, peace-loving Quakers who believe that the Indians hold the Light of God inside. It is from this good-hearted family that Frances is abducted during the Revolutionary war.

As the child's terror subsides, she is slowly drawn into the sacred work and beliefs of her adoptive mother and of all the women of these Eastern tribes. Frances becomes Maconakwa, the Little Bear Woman of the Miami Indians. Then, long after the Indians are beaten and their last hope, Tecumseh, is killed, the Slocums hear word of their long-lost daughter and head out to Indiana to meet their beloved Frances. But for Maconakwa, it is a moment of truth, the test of whether her heart is truly a red one.

So far, I'm really enjoying it!  Years ago, I read, Follow the River, by the same author and it was a book I couldn't put down.  This one is much like it, it's a page turner for sure.  

I'm Thinking ~What a blessing our sweet little, Indy is.  She has such a sweet personality, lots of spunk and kisses.  And, she's so dang cute!  I took her to the vet today to get her last vaccines for the year, and she had gained 3 lbs. in a month... little fatty 💓


I'm Looking Forward to
 ~ Tomorrow my oldest granddaughter is graduating from college with a bachelors degree in Equine Therapy.  Working with horses and children has always been a dream of hers and now it's coming true.  It will be a full day of excitement!  I'll post some pictures in my next post.

I'm also looking forward to our 50 year wedding anniversary dinner with my children and grandchildren!  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around 50 years of marriage!  It truly does not seem like that long, but what a blessing it has been for both of us.  I'll also post pictures in my next post!


Me as a blushing bride.


Just Sayin'~

“Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day.”




Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Hugs and Love,

Barb


5 comments:

Shug said...

Good afternoon Barb. Happy 50th Anniversary coming up...in June we will celebrate 52 years. Your wedding picture is very pretty...isn't it amazing how the years seem just like yesterday. I am thankful for April and we have really had the April showers to prove it is April. Hopefully all the flowers I planted will not be water logged. That Shrimp and Pasta dish looks like the perfect recipe for two people and it really looks delicious. Our area was covered in the darkness from the Eclipse and oh how beautiful it was. I was so thrilled to be able to witness this event. I did post a few photo on my blog. Our little town had MANY visitors from other states to come to watch the eclipse. Take care and enjoy your Anniversary.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! So great to hear from you. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. You were a beautiful bride! Wow, 50 years is great! Congratulations to both you and your husband. Charly and I will celebrate 45 years in June, so we aren't far behind you. The eclipse was partial down here in Utah, and I was teaching when it took place, but we saw a "ring of fire" eclipse last fall in St. George and that was very cool! An eclipse is really something to see. That recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing it! I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Lori said...

Hi Barb. I'm always so happy to see you have posted. The eclipse was amazing. It was my first 100% totality and I was just in awe. It really reminded me what a very small part of the universe we actually are. The pasta dish sounds wonderful. I will be sure and try that. Thank you for the book review, that sounds like something I would really enjoy. I haven't been reading as much and need to get back in the habit. Indy is such a cutie. Aren't fur friends the best? Congratulations to your granddaughter. How excited. And congratulation to you and your husband on 50 years. I is just scary how quickly the time seems to go by. I hope you have a wonderful day and remainder of the week!!

Billie Jo said...

Yay...Barb is here! I am always so happy to see you on my reading list. Happy and Blessed 50th anniversary coming up! You were a beautiful bride and are now a beautiful woman whom I am happy to have met here. Thank you for the recipe. It looks delicious. I am going to bookmark it and share it with the family. I am also interested in the book, as I am in Pennsylvania. Have a cozy, lovely spring day, my friend.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! To your granddaughter AND to you and your hubbie! Wonderful milestones for both of you. I hope your anniversary is sticky sweet:) and that your granddaughter finds just the right job for her! Love the photo from your view. Hooray for April and all the pretty views! Oh and congrats to your cute pup as well. So nice when everyone is excited about the weight you are gaining - lol!!

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...