Tuesday, November 29, 2022

My Daybook . . .

It's hard to believe that November is almost gone.  Thanksgiving is behind us and Christmas is ahead of us, with all the beautiful music, twinkling lights, Christmas gatherings and quiet nights sitting near the Christmas tree enjoying the silence.  I'm pretty sure December will go just as fast as November.  

On with my daybook . . .

On my playlist . . . There's always something on my playlist.  Right now I'm listening to Luke Bryan singing, Oh Holy Night - so beautiful.


   Outside my window . . . This is what I woke up to this morning . . .

I love the change of seasons, and that includes snow!  The forecast calls for snow off and on, almost everyday this week.  

On my mind . . . Oh my goodness, there is so much on my mind.  On Saturday we went to the funeral of a friend who died in a scuba diving accident, she was only 68 years old when she passed. She and her husband were on their 47th wedding anniversary trip.  I was so sad.  I went to high school with her and shared the love of drama and acting. Then after 21 years, we became neighbors and friends for the next 27 years.  The funeral was just beautiful and very touching.  There were so many flowers and so many people, she was very loved.  When we went to church on Sunday you could still smell the lingering scent of roses in the chapel.  She will be missed by so many.  

Thinking about . . . I'm thinking about all that needs to be done before my granddaughter gets married on the 27th.  We will all be working hard to get her bouquet made as well as the boutonnieres and corsage's for the bride's maids and groomsmen, parents and grandparents  Here's a sneak peak of the flowers.  My daughter just stuck them in a vase to pick out the flowers she wants to use...I just love the colors Taylor chose, her bouquet will be beautiful!


One of my favorite things . . . You guessed it!  



I'm wearing . . . Comfy warm slippers for this very cold, wintery day.  I hate to have cold feet and these slippers keep my feet toasty!


In the kitchen . . . For Thanksgiving, Bob smoked the most delicious ham to go along with the turkey.  It was so good and I knew it would make delicious ham and beans...and it did.  On Sunday morning, I put the ham bone, with plenty of meat left on the bone, in the Instant Pot.  I also added 2 cups of washed and sorted pinto beans, 1/2 cup of diced celery and 1/2 cup of diced carrot.  I added enough water to cover the bone, added a bay leaf, and set the pressure cooker for 50 minutes.  When it was finished, I put the pressure cooker on the slow cooking mode while we were at church.  When we got home, dinner was done, and it was delicious!!  This is a picture of the ham when my husband took it out of the smoker...yum!!  We put toothpicks in it to hold it together. ;0) 

I didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving festivities' this year...I guess I was just caught up in the moment.  It felt good to be present and so I didn't think about snapping photos!  Our Thanksgiving was delicious, filled with family, reminiscing and fun. 


Just sayin' . . . 


  I hope everyone is getting into the Christmas Spirit, and enjoying this new season!

Be Safe, XOXO
Hugs and Love,

Barb


9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. Lovely post. Your granddaughter will have a lovely wedding. So sad about the passing of your friend and neighbor. Lovely Idaho sunsets! We got snow down here too, but not as much as you. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Latane Barton said...

A wedding! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Vee said...

A Christmas wedding? Will there be any red and green velvet? I am remembering a Christmas wedding I attended years ago, which was glorious.

I am so sorry about your dear friend and am saying a prayer for the comfort of her husband and family. What a shock.

Your meal in the Instant-Pot sounds delicious. I should try some variety.

Billie Jo said...

Hello, dear friend. I am so sorry about your friend. That is way too young. And you are right. December will indeed pass quickly. I am committed to being present, as you said. The flowers are BEAUTIFUL! I love the shades she chose!!!! Have a cozy evening. Enjoy your snow!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Barb, first - I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Words are hard to come by for something like that. My prayers are with you and her family.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. So fun and exciting and, I agree, the colors she chose are beautiful. I've never been to a winter wedding but all kinds of ideas float through my mind and they are all pretty!!! : )

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving - making more memories! (The ham does look delicious!)

As always, love your daybook Barb and those sunset photos - keep them coming! : )

God bless the rest of your week.
Mary

Jennifer said...

I agree those flowers are going to make the loveliest bouquet and arrangements! I know it is going to be such a wonderful day! I'm so glad you enjoy snow - and that you are able to live where you have plenty of it! (Glad that there is not nearly as much here in my neck of the woods!) Hope you are staying toasty! Enjoy your weekend ahead, my friend!

Lori said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend. Very sad. The flowers are gorgeous. Cozy slippers are a must for me also this time of year. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Shug said...

Hi Barb...sorry to hear about your friend. 68 is sure young. I know you are so busy between the Holidays and getting ready for this beautiful wedding. Love the snow picture. so very pretty and makes me long for some of the white fluffy stuff. Enjoy your upcoming week..

Christine said...

Hello Barb, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. Those are always hard things, but I hope the love so many obviously had for her will ease your heart and that of the family.
The colours in the bouquet are indeed stunning, and I hope all goes smoothly for the wedding.
I could almost taste the ham and beans! It’s been so long since I’ve had those, as my husband is unfortunately not a fan.
I hope you have a lovely week my friend and enjoy these weeks leading up to Christmas.
God Bless,
Christine

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...