Tuesday, December 13, 2022

December Rushes In and Wedding Preparations . . .



December has rushed in with a vengeance!  This is what I woke up to yesterday, snow, snow and more snow! I think we got a good 6 inches of new snow on Monday with more expected today.  I love the snow so I'm not complaining, but, I do enjoy the beauty of these snowy days from the comfort of my warm, cozy home.  

Here's a little update on the wedding plans.  First of all, we had a bridal shower for Taylor, it was so much fun!  

Taylor was a princess for the day.


Mac had to get in the action too.  He loves people and had to jump into the photo for a little scratch.

 

Taylor received some very thoughtful gifts.  Her friends know her so well and spoiled her with some of her favorites things and some things she will need when she sets up her own home.  She loved them all so much.


Of course she got the embarrassing, baby doll nighty...she was so mortified, but it was really cute!  


Something really tickled her here!  She was cracking up and so was her cousin, Abby.  We all needed a good belly laugh!

Last Saturday, we got together and finished all of the wrist corsage's, boutonnieres and her bridal bouquet.  Taylor's' friend, who is making her wedding cake, brought four different flavors of cupcakes to the party so that Taylor could choose the flavor she wants for her wedding cake.  She brought a half-dozen of all of them, so we all enjoyed a taste of each one.  I think Taylor chose, cookie butter cake with butter-cream frosting, it was really tasty, all of the cupcakes were delicious.  I wish I had taken a picture of them, but I was elbow deep in hot glue and flowers.

 
One of the her friends, who is also one of her bridesmaids, is a florist, she ended up making the  bouquet, it turned out so beautiful.  In this photo the bottom still needed to be trimmed and have the ribbon added.  It was just what she wanted . . .  So pretty!

And, to top off the week, my Christmas cactus started to bloom!  A sweet friend gave this plant to me three years ago for Christmas.  This is the first time that it's bloomed since it was given to me.  I was so pleased, it's so pretty.  


How are your Christmas preparations going?  I'm still working on mine, slowly but surely. I'm hoping that I can catch up with everyone this week.  Have a wonderful Tuesday, be safe, breath, enjoy the peace of the season... It's there, you just need to look for it and enjoy it. It's not a secret that I struggle at Christmas time, but that's for another day.  In the meantime, I will seek peace, remember why we celebrate Christmas, and focus on all of the blessings in my life.  And, I also have more good news to share, so until next time... Lots of hugs XOXO

Love,

Barb


9 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Wedding showers are so fun... well, any shower (not rain) is fun and much needed I think to lighten the tension of preparing for a wedding. The bouquet is great. Can't wait to see her with it on the wedding day.

annie said...

I am also still working on the house and tree.
How exciting .. wedding plans! The flowers in the previous post are so gorgeous.
Christmas is a blessing all on its own I think. I am sorry you struggle this time of year and will remember you in my prayers. Hugs.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. It looks like the bridal shower was a lot of fun. Wedding preparations coming right along. The bouquet is beautiful! Sometimes it is hard to be "up" when the days are so short it is so grey and cloudy outside. I totally understand. I know that wedding will be absolutely wonderful! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Vee said...

So special to have a Christmastime wedding. Your granddaughter will have a beautiful day. Her bouquet is exquisite.

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

What a fun post, Barb. The bride-to-be is so pretty and what a fun time at the shower (love the embarrassing nightie!)LOL. Continue to have fun in the preparations and continue to enjoy that beautiful snow! Merry Christmas, Barb!

Blessings,
Mary

Lori said...

The snow is gorgeous! I'm glad you're enjoying this festive month.

Billie Jo said...

What a beautiful bride to be!!!! Hugs and love to you, my friend, and thank you for the reminder to look for peace at this time of year.

Lorrie said...

Wedding showers are so much fun, and Taylor is beautiful! I hope that you enjoy this Christmas season. It's unlikely that we'll have snow, so enjoy yours!

Christine Smith said...

Oh Barb, Taylor is a beautiful bride and I am sure she had a wonderful bridal shower. How fun and exciting! It sounds like you are keeping very busy indeed with Christmas and the wedding, but it is such a special time, isn’t it?
If I don’t have the opportunity, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year. Can’t wait to see some of the wedding photos. 😌

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...