Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday Musings . . .

Hello friends,  I hope you had a good week-end!  Mine was a mixed bag of sadness and excitement.  Last week my uncle passed away.  You may remember seeing him in one of my posts a month or so ago.  He was very dear to me and I have many wonderful memories of him and his family.  He lived about 3 hours away so I didn't see him often, although a few months ago he was able to attend a cousins funeral and I was able to visit with him there.  He will be missed by so many who loved and admired him.  I'm so grateful for online services, his funeral will be broadcast from where he lives and the interment will be here, so I will be there for that service.  This is a time that I'm so very grateful for technology.  


Now for some exciting news!!  My granddaughter got engaged on Friday!  These two love birds came over for dinner on Saturday night, and I don't think either one of them quit smiling...so cute!  We're very excited and can't wait for them to start the amazing journey called, marriage 💘I'm sure I will be sharing more with you on wedding plans ;0)

I finally put out a few fall decorations, and this year, like so many of you, I have cut way back.  I only put out decorations that I really love and don't clutter my rooms.  Less is more in most cases for me.  My sister and I made these pretty grape-vine pumpkins filled with fairy lights many years ago, and I still just love to put it in my home every year.  And I can't leave out my cute crochet pumpkins that I made last year, they were so fun to make and look cute and festive anywhere you put them.


That's all for today, but of course I'll leave you with a few pretty photos of my favorite subjects.  The first photo is of an orange moon, taken when we were having so many fires in our area.  I also took a few photos of a beautiful sunset that we had a few nights ago, both reminded me of... a beautiful golden autumn!





“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.”
~Jim Bishop~

Be safe, XOXO

Hugs and Love,

Barb


9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. So sorry to hear that your uncle passed. Losing a beloved family member is always hard. Congratulations on the engagement of your granddaughter! They are such a cute couple! I love your cute pumpkin decorations. I hope you have a good week!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Barb - I'm so sorry about the passing of your uncle. It's so difficult to lose these much-loved family members. But I do congratulate you on the engagement - ah, young love. : ) I love your pumpkins - it's always so fun to decorate year after year with pretty things that were homemade. Thank you for your photos - you know that I always enjoy them. God bless your week, Barb. Mary

annie said...

I am sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing. Sad to see family leave us but I am glad you have new family coming with your grand daughter's upcoming wedding. How exciting. The photos today are glorious! I have a similar grapevine pumpkin but I bought mine.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter! What a special time!! They do, indeed, look quite happy:) I'm glad you will be able to attend your uncle's funeral. I pray it will be encouraging. I have just one uncle. He lives several states away and I rarely am able to see him but I surely do love him as well!!:) I wanted to say your crocheted pumpkin is adorable. You should be selling those in an etsy shop!:)

Vee said...

🤦🏻‍♀️

Vee said...

(Forgot to do a copy and paste as no comment holds here anymore. I have heard from several telling me the same thing at my place.)

Great! I wandered off to compose my comment again and got sidetracked.

I was saying that your uncle looks like a dear man and I know that you will miss him. It is good that you will be able to honor him and gather with your family.

That is good news about your granddaughter's engagement. Best wishes to the happy couple.

Take lots of photos of autumn in your corner.

Lorrie said...

Hello Barb,
Sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. Technology is good for helping us participate in far away events.
Congratulations on your granddaughter's engagement. Lots of excitement in the future!

Cindy said...

You made those pumpkins?! Those are so pretty! I only put out a few decorations this fall as well. Less is more, I agree!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Barb. I am so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Prayers for you and your family. Big Congratulations to your granddaughter and her guy. Exciting times for you all. I decided that I really was NOT ready to give up my blog, so here I am! Enjoy this beautiful Sunday.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...