Sunday, June 12, 2022

The Last Few Months . . .

 


I've been gone far too long, so I guess I will just jump right in with what's on my mind.  I guess the easiest thing to do is just jump in with a, Daybook...

Looking out my window . . . It's Sunday and it's been raining all day.  Even though it rained most of the month of May, we still need all the rain we can get because we are still in drought conditions.  So, bring on the rain!

I am thinking . . . I'm just thinking about all of the things that have happened the last few months, things that I haven't shared on my blog.  About a million thoughts and fun things that I wish I'd have shared.  Here's a few snippets...



I am thankful . . . I'm so thankful for the beauty that surrounds me.  All I have to do is look out my window and there it is...oh, and ice cream 😉


One of my favorite things . . . Of course that would be sunsets...



I'm wearing . . . Old broken in jeans and a comfy oversized t-shirt...no shoes, not today.
I'm creating . . . I'm currently not creating anything, but, I am going to start a quilt.  I've only made one quilted quilt, so I'm looking through about a hundred different patterns and I'm really excited to start.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I'm watching . . . I've had a really hard time sleeping since I had covid.  The worst thing is that I don't sleep well, despite taking sleeping medication.  I've always loved old t.v. shows, so currently I'm watching, Bewitched.  I remember so vividly watching some of the episodes and others are a complete surprise to me, but they really do help me relax and help me get to sleep.


I'm listening to. . . Right now my favorite station on Pandora is, B.J. Thomas.  It plays all of the 70's oldies.  That's what I'm listening to today, but that could and most likely will change tomorrow!

In the garden . . . We were just able to plant our garden last week.  It seems late, but it's been too cold and too wet until then.  This year I decided to use a few grow bags instead of making more raised beds and I think I'm really going to like using them.  So far  my garden is doing great!

In the kitchen . . . I've been having to learn a whole new way of cooking.  Again, since I had covid, the smell and taste of, onions, garlic, yeast breads, most meat, eggs and tomatoes are just horrible!  I'm trying to navigate my way through a new way of cooking without these things and it's hard.  Of course sweet things taste great, which can be a huge problem!

Just sayin' . . .




Much love to you...be safe.

Hugs and Love,

Barb








8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! I've missed seeing you in blog land. So glad you are back. I love your garden. I want to get some of those aluminum troughs you use as raised gardens. They are great! Looks like you have had some wonderful things happen in your family over the past few months, and you have made some good memories. I use to LOVE watching Bewitched. Sometimes it is so fun to go back and rewatch the things we enjoyed many years ago. I hope that things are going well and I will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Vee said...

Oh dear! Lost comment. Will email.

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Hi Barb! So glad to see you back. : ) You HAVE been busy!!! I always love your photos (again, your sunsets are gorgeous) and reading your Daybook entries. It's so interesting that you have had issues with your sense of smell and taste too because every food you mentioned are the ones I'm having with as well! They smell bad and they taste like they smell. Very difficult to cook when it's like this. I hope it's not long-term but it's been since October for me so............... : (

I hope you have a good day today in your beautiful country setting.
A hug to you,
Mary

Lorrie said...

Hello Barb! What gorgeous sunsets you captured. I'm sorry you've had continuing issues with Covid after effects. Not fun at all! I hope they resolve themselves. Have a good week.

Kerin said...

Always nice to see you:)
Your evening skies are incredibly beautiful, and a sweet and gentle way to close out the day.
You've had some real red letter days there! Birthdays, graduations, etc. and a wonderful bonfire, with the loved ones all around.
I'm sorry that you are suffering with post~covid effects. I like your 'can~do' attitude and how you're teaching yourself new recipes to adapt.
Sending best wishes that you will soon be able to put this sleeplessness behind you, and your taste sensitivity issues too!
I adore your trough planters! We also added trough planters this year to our garden, and so far, so good. Fingers crossed that the hens don't see the tomatoes ripen before we do...*smile*.

Warm thoughts...
~K.

Marsha said...

So sorry to hear about your Covid side effects. My daughter has the same side effects but I was very fortunate, and did not. I love it when you share your sunset photos.......so beautiful!

Billie Jo said...

Yay!! So happy you are back! I always enjoy your photos and your posts so. I love Bewitched! And I have been watching old shows as well. The Munsters are next on my list! My kids have had issues with smell since we all had covid. I hope and pray yours gets better! Please keep blogging! Hugs!

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful photos... many greetings to you. I like the clarinet (is it one?) and the sunsets... of course... so beautiful.
Your sense of taste will slowly come back, I'm sure. All the best to you
and a hug from Viola

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...