Monday, July 26, 2021

My Week...Last Week!

Monday  . . .  It was so hot on Monday, but my husband was going to go fishing with some friends on Tuesday, which meant the truck needed to washed and cleaned since he was driving.  I didn't realize how many tools you need to have in your truck, I was shocked ;0)  It took us most of the afternoon to vacuum, clean and wash all the windows but we got it done.  I should of taken pictures! 

Tuesday . . .  Since Bob was fishing, my girls and I went to the spa and then out to lunch...I know!!  It was wonderful, talk about feeling pampered!  At this spa, no body touches you, it's all just different stations you go to.  For instance, one of my favorite is called, halo.  It's a room that you sit in, very comfortably in a zero gravity chair, while you breath in Himalayan salt, it was amazing.  The air has been so smokey lately, and that truly made me feel like I could breath again.  They also offer, red light therapy, foot massage and much much more.  The massage chairs were amazing, I don't think I've felt that good for a long time...I will definitely go again...and again.


 Wednesday . . . This was the day I was tackling the top of the hutch.  But before I did that the whole outside needed a good scrubbing.  The hutch is so old that the wood has started to oxidize, so washing it was a challenge.  I called a friend of mine, who is an expert at refinishing furniture and she suggested just cleaning it good with a good soap, like Murphy's Oil, let it dry really good and then just put a good wax on it.  So that's what I'm doing.  I had to order the wax, it should be here on Tuesday, then I can polish it and call it good for another year.   I got the top all cleaned off and it looks so much better!


I will be taking the border off of the wall and will be painting the wall.  The border is outdated, but I loved it when I put it up!  On the left hand side is an old apple peeler and corer, it was my grandmothers.  As a child, I remember her using it, I thought it was amazing.  On the right hand side is an old box that had an old spur, a couple of cow bells and a mesh-chain dutch oven cleaner in it, very interesting.  It was also my grandmothers.  I will put the old spur and the cowbells downstairs on the bookshelf.  Anyway, it looks better than it did.

Thursday . . .  Bob took the boys fishing again so I really didn't do much on Thursday.  I did a couple batches of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, watered the garden and my flowers, but kind of just chilled.  It was another hot day, so I just tried to stay inside.  Later that night I went over to a friends house to take their family pictures.  She was having a, stay-cation with her children, and needed someone to push the button on the camera!  They are such a beautiful family and I was very happy to oblige!   On the way over to their house I took this photo of the sunset.  It was so pretty, and what a pretty backdrop for the photos!

Friday . . . Bob golfed on Friday, so I was kind of lazy.  I took care of some watering, puttered around in the house, made bread and put diner in the crock pot.  My daughter-in-law makes the best canned roast beef by roasting it first and then canning it.  They gave us 6 jars for Christmas and I really do treasure it.  It's so good put in the crock pot to re-heat with some, Lipton onion soup mix and a little water.  We made French dip sandwiches for dinner with fresh rolls, and a salad with greens from the garden, so good. 

I can't forget to add a photo of the, Buck Moon.  I researched how to get a good photo of the moon...and it worked!

Saturday . . . We needed to go to the grocery store, so we got that done early...another hot day.  We came home and I started the laundry, then started on some more cute crochet pumpkins that I'm making for myself and my daughters for, Fall decorating.  They are super easy and keep my hands busy when I'm watching TV.  


 These don't have the stems or leaves on them yet, but that will happen soon.  They're really fun to make and will be cute as a decoration.  I got the pattern here, watch the video if you have problems with the pattern, it's really helpful.

Sunday . . .  We got up and went to church then came home and had leftovers for dinner, very easy and it didn't heat up the house.  Although, I decided to make cookies after dinner, so, so much for not heating up the house...;-)  Bob would rather have a cake-like cookie so I made, Brown Sugar Cookies for him, they are very good!

I do add more flour, maybe a half cup or so, and I only bake them for 12 minutes,  not 15 minutes.    It's a soft batter, almost like cake and makes a light cookie.  I didn't frost mine this time, but they are delicious frosted.

Have a wonderful week and . . . Be Safe XOXO

Hugs and Love,

Barb


 


7 comments:

Marsha said...

Fun, fun, fun....busy, busy, busy!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. Sounds like you had a good and busy week. I love your old hutch. That looks so great now that you have cleaned and waxed it. Great sunset picture. I think I will give those cookies a try. Hope you are having a good week.

LeAnn said...

Dearest friend, I am enjoying your weekly updates. I think I should maybe try this. I'm always behind on my journal, so this could be it. I thought your week was such a good one and busy of course.
I loved your sunset photo! I really enjoyed reading about your moment at the spa. Amber has been explaining to me how neat it is. If I went, I probably wouldn't want to leave. It does sound so fun. I envy that you can go with those daughters of yours.
Your hutch is such a beautiful one and I love how you cared for it. Mostly, I enjoyed learning about the items you have from your Grandmother; true treasures.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way to the two of you!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

What a fun post, Barb! What a week. The spa - Wow! I, too, have a wallpaper border in our dining room that I should take down because it's outdated but I just can't seem to muster the motivation - I know it's going to take a lot of work and restoration and I'm just not up to it right now. Your photos, like always, are beautiful. I totally forgot about the buck moon. Love your pumpkins - makes me want the cool, fall months. And then, lastly, the brown sugar cookies look amazing. You were kept VERY busy but it's all good, isn't it? Thanks for sharing it all. Have a good weekend ahead!
Mary

Christine said...

What lovely photos Barb! I especially love the one of the moon- stunning. I think the cabinet is looking great, and don't worry. I loved my border too, which was very similar to yours.
The cookies look easy and tasty. I am sure my husband would love to try them, so it's another recipe I will save from my long-distance friend. Thank you!
The spa visit sounds wonderful and something I would definitely love to try someday. I am glad the quiet room with the Himalayan Salt helped your breathing after those terrible fires.
Have a lovely weekend and God Bless,
Christine

Terra said...

That spa got my attention, I have not heard of such a place, where no one touches you, and all those restful environments. I would like to try one.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a busy week you had, and sounds like you had fun as well.
I've never heard of the type of spa you went to, but it sounds like something I'd love to try. Wonder if they have anything like that in my neck of the woods.
Love the sunset photo, and the one of the moon is amazing.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...