Saturday, November 21, 2020

Spirit of Gratitude . . .


 
I can't believe how November has slipped so rapidly through my fingers!  I need to express my gratitude before it's completely gone!  
 
I'm grateful to have plenty of good food, and good friends and family to share it with.  I can't think of anything that smells better than banana bread baking in the kitchen, and this loaf was delicious.  I am grateful to have an amazing friend and neighbor who had a tree full of apples and wanted to share.  We picked 2 big boxes of apples!  I made 8 quarts of apple sauce with one box...the other one is still in my garage waiting to make an apple pie for Thanksgiving...with plenty left over. 
 
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. 
~ 2 Corinthians 4:15~

 This verse is such a good reminder to me that the thanksgiving of many creates the abundant grace that testifies to the glory of God.  Let my heart join in the thanksgiving of many.  Let me have a part in testifying to the glory of God. 
 
Be safe and healthy.
 
Hugs and Love,
Barb
 














5 comments:

Vee said...

Hmmm...things are happening in your kitchen! I like the idea of joining with others...the entire country...in thanksgiving to God. Have a blessed week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! Hope you are staying well as COVID explodes here in the Mountain West. I love the delicious things in your kitchen. You and yours have a very happy Thanksgiving. :-)

Deanna Rabe said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

LeAnn said...

That loaf of Banana bread looks so yummy! I can almost taste it from here.
I love that you did some bottling and made applesauce. I should go back and do these things again. This year we had apples, but many of them get ruined by birds and bugs. We did enjoy some, but we need to figure out how to stop what is happening to them.
We do have rich blessings, and I have a grateful heart. I am so happy we share a family because we love Bob and you so much! We do have a wonderful family together.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs to you two!

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful neighbor, Barb! Your applesauce and banana bread are calling my name! ♥

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...