Saturday, October 10, 2020

Simple Womans Daybook . . .

 


Today - October 10, 2020

I'm thinking - Just yesterday it was June, then I turned around and it was October...and just like that summer was gone and Autumn rushed in!

I have been absent from the blogging world for a long while, but I'm still here.  It's been a long summer for me, and I know it has been the same for all of you.   We have been busy, we've been doing some things around our home that we've put off for a long time and it feels good to have them done.  Life has gone on for us despite all of the craziness in the world.  I hope my post finds you happy and blessed with good health.

 On my playlist - Music is my saving grace, and jazzy-oldies are my "go-to" to make me feel comfy and cozy, especially in Autumn.  Ti's Autumn by Stacey Kent...check it out on YouTube.  With Bloggers new changes, it won't let me post it :0(

I'm thankful - I'm thankful for my health, the peace that I feel when I am in my home and with my family.  We have had a summer full of moving (my daughter and her family), gardening, re-doing, painting, sorting, cleaning, and organizing...it's been crazy!  We've also had fun, camping, hanging out with kids, and relaxing.  I'm so thankful that my children and grands live close.  





 





We've also had a few birthdays since June...Averi turned 18 and Taylor turned 20!

Blowing out the candles!

Averi  has always loved fingernails and one of her gifts was,  press-on nails...she loved them so much!  They stayed on for almost 5 minutes...I love that cute smile!

Very blessed!

How do they grow up so fast!?

Christian got a new puppy!  His name is, Mac, he's a cutie!

 
I'm creating - I haven't been very creative, but I would love to be creating something!  We were camping with my two daughters and their families last week-end and it was just beautiful, despite the smoke from the California fires.  The sunsets were amazing...I would love to frame some of these gorgeous photos!







A few of the other sunset photos from this summer...
 



I'm hoping...I'm hoping, like everyone else that we can end this pandemic, and that life as we knew it would return to normal.  I'm not sure that it will happen any time soon, but I can hope!
 
From my kitchen -  Not much coming from my kitchen lately.  I made a meatloaf the other day so we will be having meatloaf sandwiches for supper tonight.  Isn't it funny how comforting a meatloaf sandwich can be?  My daughter and her family are coming for dinner tomorrow, so I will be making homemade chicken noodle soup with rolls, yum!  

Outside my window - The leaves are changing and it's suppose to be really cold the next couple of days.  I love the change of seasons, I'm ready for fall!
 

Just sayin'


Blessings to you - stay safe!

Hugs and Love,
Barb







11 comments:

Shug said...

Oh Barb....you have no idea how excited I am to have opened my blog and to see that you had posted. I have missed you!! I totally understand...This has been a doozy of a year and it has been so easy to get lost in all the days. Love all your family pictures. My heart is big on family time and I can clearly see that you all have a lot of fun when you get together. We are not campers, but it sure looks like some good times. Great to hear from you. hugs...

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb - so glad you are back! Looks like you had an amazing family summer. Your pictures are beautiful! See you again soon, I hope!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Glad you are posting again too, Barb!!! Every time I see someone else's grandchildren my heart just yearns for them. Hopefully some day!!! It looks like you had so much fun together and what a beautiful setting to camp in.

Your photos are amazing - isn't a sunset just wonderful? I, too, am ready for Fall - always so pretty but never long enough!!! And the photo of the puppy all stretched out on the pillow is too much - that was SO cute!!!!

I think we all need to encourage each right now and continue to pray for each other and just pass these little blessings on to remind us that life does go on even if it's a bit different right now. : )

Thanks again, Barb and have a great upcoming week!!
Mary S.

Vee said...

Howdy, Stranger! Looks as if it was a full summer filled with family and fun. My how the grands are growing! Thank you for all the beautiful sunset photos...stunning.

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend!
How nice to see you here!
I am glad you had a nice summer with those you love.
And now enjoy the beauty of fall!

Anonymous said...

Dear Barb, like a bad penny, I have returned and I am so glad to read your post. These times have been tough but learning to be content and grateful does wonders. I love the colors of your sky. Mine is dreary today but the rain is much appreciated. Blessings, Gina

PS I'm your newest follower. ♥

LeAnn said...

Oh, my sweet friend, it is so good to see you back blogging. I have missed you so much. How did the summer fly by so fast; especially when we have just been home more than normal.
Roger has done a lot of yard work and repairing things. I have done a little reorganizing. We really would like to paint, but I don't know if that will happen.
I too love music. Right now we have a station here that plays a lot of oldies and I love having it on where it goes throughout the house.
You two have really had a lot of stuff going on. I worried so much when Christian got Covid. It put me in a tailspin of concern for you all.
We were so happy to see them for a few moments and it was so wonderful.
I love all the camping trip photos of your grands. The onefish is big one. They have grown up a lot. They are all adorable.
Then there is our cute Averi and beautiful Taylor Jo. I wish we were close, for more time with them. It is weird to think that Averi is 18 and Taylor 20. I love all the fun photos that you captured. I love Averi with her nails.
Of course, you know I will be stealing some of them. Mac, the dog is a handful, but really cute and perfect for Christian. Taylor Jo is such a joy.
Your sunsets are amazing and I need to borrow them for some graphics.
We love you dear friends and hope at sometime things will open up enough to enjoy some friendship moments.
Sending loving hugs, prayers and love your way!

Christine said...

Dear Barb, It is wonderful to see you back posting again! I have missed you! :-) I am so glad that you and your family have remained safe and well, and what a lovely family you have too.
The photos are just stunning, and it looks like the littles had an absolutely fabulous camping trip. I love the wee puppy too.
Welcome back, once again and I hope to see you post again soon.

Blessings,
Christine

Janine said...

That picture "outside your window" of the changing trees is stunning! That is what I crave. I enjoyed getting a glimpse of your life!

nozomi no radio said...

Nicee blog

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...