Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday Musings...

 We had a snow day!  In my neck of the woods when the wind blows and the snow falls, it makes it almost impossible to go anywhere, and we get snowed in.  The schools were all closed, the roads were all closed and we were stuck at home...that's not a bad thing.  I saw two or three cars and trucks try to go down the road this morning, at least one of them turned around and a few of them got stuck. 

  I can remember loving snow days when I was a girl, although in those days it took more snow than this to close the roads, I think those buses could get through anything, or maybe, they plowed the roads earlier, I'm not sure which.  Around mid afternoon, the snow plow finally came down our road, but that's usually when the real work starts, because the driveway is then filled with snow!

This photo was before the snow plow came down the road...Bob just likes to plow snow!  He spent most of the morning and some of the afternoon going up and down the road looking for driveways that needed plowed out...he's a good man!

 A friend of ours who just happens to be really wonderful cook, loves to make pies!  So once a month,  on a Sunday, she treats 10 or 12 of us to the most delicious pie, a different one each month.  Last night she made, blueberry lemon and it was delicious!  

She also has two cats and one of them just loves my husbands boots...seriously it's crazy and super cute.  Every time we're there, she'll come and find him and just wrap her cute little paws around his boots and lay on them.  Last night was no exception, here she is loving his boots!  I like to watch her almost as much as I like to eat the pie ;0)

Have any of you tried these copper bracelets for pain?  After doing some research, Bob bought me these beautiful copper bracelets.  They're so pretty and shiny and they have little magnets on them that supposedly helps with arthritic pain.  He was hoping that it would give me some relief from Rheumatoid arthritis pain in my hands.  I was a little skeptical at first, but guess what...they work!  I don't have nearly the pain that I usually have, especially in my hands, but also in my feet, it's wonderful.  I don't know if they would work for everyone, but they sure work for me, I really love them! 

In my endless pursuit to get a jump start on Christmas gifts, I started making these pretty Crocheted bulbs the week after Christmas.  They're so easy and work up really fast.  I think I'll also make some with blue bulbs as well.  My sister has a set that a friend gave her years ago and I have always admired them.  I finally found the pattern and I'm glad I did.  Here's the free pattern if anyone is interested -  https://www.freepatterns.com/crochet/for-the-home/seasonal/elegant-ornaments
 

Have a really great week, and be safe!!

XOXOX
Hugs and Love,
Barb


10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb - that pie you describe sounds oh so delicious. I am sure that it is fun to gather with friends for pie on Sunday evening. I have a couple of copper bracelets but mine don't have magnets. Perhaps I will check into that because I have arthritis just about everywhere. My knees are worst. I love those crocheted ornament covers. I friend made me some of those years ago and I still have them. They are lovely. Have a good week. See you again soon. P.S. I am glad you are blogging more as well. :-)

Vee said...

My plowman likes to plow, too...$25 every time he shows up. 😳 It’s true. Schoolchildren have so many snow days now. Much more than we used to have. They’ll call school for a rumor of snow.

The kitty is so cute. What fun to have a kitty fan and the fellowship and pie.

The crocheted Christmas balls are very elegant. They look Victorian and romantic to me.

Sue said...

Hi Barb, what a sweet friend to bake pies for regular get togethers, I prefer pie over cake.
Love that the kitty loves your dh's boots.
How nice that Bob helps when snow comes, my dh likes to help others too, though I teasing tell him that he just loves to drive a tractor.~wink~ We rarely get snow, our winter has been warm so far, but the weatherman informed us this morning that it's about to change.
Thanks for the info, about the copper bracelets, I need to check this out.
Oh!, I adore those crochet Christmas balls, I also think it is never to late to get started on Christmas. ~wink~
Thank you for sharing, and for visiting my blog.
Blessings,
Sue

Christine said...

I'm moving to your neighborhood! First of all, to have someone like Bob (who just likes to plow driveways), is such a welcome sight! Then to be invited to have homemade pie, once a month is like a dream come true for me!!! And to have you as a neighbor, well Yup...moving into your neighborhood.

I've heard of the copper bracelets, that's great news! Yay!

playbajar said...

Keeping track of your progress is a great way to stay on track with your weight loss regimen. Another good practice is to check your weight often. This will prompt you to renewed effort. Motivate yourself this way to keep trudging on towards your goals.
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

Walking around your block is not the only way you can effectively lose weight. Consider some tips such as getting off the bus a few blocks earlier, take the stairs as often as possible, or park your car at the back of a parking lot.
satta king
play bazaar

sattabazzar said...

If you are especially shy, you should find a way to overcome that before you start trying to market your business. People will not clamor to do business with someone that seems to have a hard time communicating. If this is not something you can change, you should consider hiring someone to do your marketing for you.
satta king
play bazaar

LeAnn said...

Wow, there have been a lot of snow days in Idaho, I see. You are having a siege of snow. You do have a good husband that cares for the neighbors; I love that.
What a wonderful friend that makes different kinds of pies each week; I love your lifestyle there. The cat is a cute one. It is fun to watch them; they all have personalities.
I have heard about the copper bracelets; I'm glad they work. I love the pretty crocheted bulbs. I wish I could spend sometime with you at some point and you could teach me to crochet again.
Loving thoughts and hugs for you!

NIKE said...

play bazaar

Play bazaar
satta king
Play Bazaar more earn money

omgroupco said...

telecom logistics company Om Group is not only a big, strong company, but it's also a world leader in logistics. [2] Their expertise can be found in managing all three of these types of freight and more: seafreight, airfreight, and overland businesses.


telecom logistics

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...