Friday, August 24, 2018

End of Summer...

It's been a long time since my last post...so much business in my life right now.  It's been a fun summer though, lots of activity and good things happening.

It's been really smoky with all of the wild fires in California, Idaho, Canada and Utah, it really makes it impossible to spend much time outdoors.  I still manage to get outside a little to take a few pictures, water my flowers and let the sun shine on me.  We have also had an extremely hot summer...so sitting outside at night has been a life saver!  





We just came home from our, family camping trip a week or so ago, it was so much fun!  We love this little piece of heaven.  We were gone 7 days and it was blissful...for the most part.  But, it was smoky and hot, and we couldn't have a campfire!!  No campfire, on a camping trip, just no fun.  But it was beautiful, as always.


The little dirt road to our camping spot...


Clouds in the evening...


Gorgeous sunsets... it was all good.


Miss Averi had a birthday while we were camping.  We usually end up camping on her birthday, and she loves it!  It's just so hard for me to believe that my sweet little grand, who was so little for so long, turned 16...we sure love this girl.  One of her gifts was a fox - she was so excited!


And she got a new pair of sunglasses, so adorable!


Of course we forgot the candles for her ice cream pie...but a lighter worked...she was happy!


We always had a bouquet of wild flowers on the table...in a water bottle vase...the best kind.


Fishing was a huge success!





So was playing by the lake...


and taking a swim!


Giant Jenga was a awesome!



Lots of showing off the muscles!




And some quiet time coloring.  


Guitar picking without a fire was just not the same...but we loved it.



We saw deer and moose every night...the kids loved watching them.  Of course, I forgot the SD card for my good camera so I couldn't zoom in... :0)  


It all came to an end a little too fast...I can hardly wait until next year!!


Home is a good place to be.

Be safe sweet friends...

Hugs and Love,
Barb

13 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Sweet Friend,
So happy to see you here again!
What a wonderful family vacation, my friend.
I so enjoyed sharing it with you!
Have a cozy evening.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shug said...

Oh Barb.....this looks like so much fun and I know a whole lot of memories were made. Your family is adorable and I sure hope your sweet Averi had a wonderful birthday. I was wondering if you all were being affected by the smoke from the fires. You're right....how can you have a campout with NO fire? Sorry this put a small damper on the trip....but I know y'all made up for it with all the family fun you had. Blessings sweet friend...

Marsha said...

Barb....this post brought a flood of memories to mind. As a child/young girl growing up, our family always went camping. Ahhhhhhhh, the places memories can take us. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. - Marsha

Gina said...

Barb, your piece of Heaven really is lovely. The first picture of the lake (or is a river) is so beautiful and serene. What a blessing and privilege to enjoy it all as a family. Too bad about the campfire. Next time! The grands look so proud of their fish. Great job! xo

LeAnn said...

This was such a wonderful post. I loved seeing our grandchildren and all of your sweet grands. Of course, I will borrowing some of your spectacular photos. I loved the sweet ones of our Averi. She is such a priceless gift to us all. I am happy you can celebrate her big 16 years old birthday on this family outing.
Your flowers and sunsets are so lovely. I love the photos of the fish too. The lake looks so peaceful. It all looked like a slice of Heaven. Then there is the cute Christian on the guitar and our beautiful Taylor Jo. I loved all of this one.
I noted you missed some adult photos! HeHe
Sending many loving thoughts, love and hugs to you all!

Kerin said...

Hello :)
What a great post!
Full of beautiful Grands, beautiful scenery and lots of fun!
Of course these are the days that make warm memories to last a lifetime.

Did you happen to see any leaves changing up in the mountains?
We drove through Spanish Fork canyon yesterday, and some of the higher mountain tops are beginning to change color.

Have a wonderful Sunday and new week.

~Smiles :)
~K.


Saimi said...

Oh my goodness what a fun family camping trip, and those fishermen are just too cute for words!! Man we've also have been having our share of the smoke. We have all of the above as well as some of our own but crossing my fingers it's on it's way out. The last two days have been breathable. I must have missed your August post so I read that as well. Your picture of the moon is incredible and I love seeing your hubby on a horse. Your grandkids are so adorable and fun and getting so big! Well thanks for your pictures and great posts, it's always good to see what you've been up to.
Have a Happy Sunday Barb!
Saimi

Sue said...

Your family camping trip was spectacular, Barb, This type of family togetherness is almost gone from our society! It is so refreshing to me, as family is and has always been so important to me. You are so blessed to have your family near by, ours are scattered all over this country.. Your photos are beautiful. Keep making memories!'
Blessings,
Sue

Cindy said...

Wow, three trailers, the whole family went camping! I love that! That lake was like glass. Well, until someone went swimming. :) Happy Birthday Averi!! Look at all those fish! What a fun camping trip.

Jill said...

Looks like a wonderful time and such beautiful scenery too! Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It looks like such a beautiful camping trip. It seems like I was just reading about your yearly camping trip. The years fly so fast!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

You have some lovely photos of your camping trip. Beautiful sunset pics!

It's hard to believe August is almost done. We've had smoke and haze over the past few weeks, so we weren't outside too much. Still our flowers bloomed and gave us joy. Was nice to see yours.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
Brenda

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...