Friday, September 14, 2018

My Daybook . . .

For Today

seasonalwonderment: Autumn

Outside my window...It's autumn!!  Even though the leafs on the trees are...mostly green, and the temps are in the 80's...sometimes 70's, you can tell that Mother Nature is magically changing the seasons.  The sun is heading South and the sunsets are just gorgeous.  Partly because of the endless smoke in the air, but also...because it's September!






This morning, as I was watching the leaves falling off of the trees, and thinking how we needed to get the gutter screens up, I noticed the strangest clouds...not sure what kind they are or why they were like this, but I thought they were beautiful!!



I'm thinking . . . I started, "checking in" on Face Book a few months ago, and it has been an interesting journey, one that I think is quickly going to slow down, and I mean, really slow down.  I have enjoyed getting reacquainted with some of my old friends and family.  And, I like seeing some of the inspirational quotes and thoughts.  I also like being reminded of birthdays and giggling at some of the funny things I see.  But, (there is always a but) I don't like all of the off colored jokes, the political posts, and all of the endless tests and quizzes.  I don't like the fact that I have followers from...who knows where, with names I can't even begin to pronounce looking at everything I do and say, no matter what I try to do to stop them...it's downright scary.  And, here are some of the stranger things I have learned on Face Book:

I learned that because I have Rh Negative blood, that I am more than likely an alien...from outerspace...
I am a, good witch...
My favorite pet is should be a gold fish...
That two lynx, having a conversation is downright scary...
That everything I eat is going to kill me...some things faster than others...in fact I should be dead...
That my turkey name is, Pudgy McStuffington...
That I am purple...or should I say that my color is purple...NOT...
That I have been cleaning my house wrong for the past 44 years...
That I had no idea how to raise children...
That my IQ is very high!  And who wouldn't have a high IQ when all they require you know is the alphabet...
I even found out that if I had a daughter...she would look nothing like my real daughters...
And...finally...that you can't buy the book, Wonky Donkey anymore, because it is sold out...here is the link to find out why... it's hillarious!   https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/sep/10/the-wonky-donkey-viral-video-of-grandmother-makes-picture-book-a-bestseller

So, that said, you should be seeing more of me on my blog, and less of me on Face Book.

From my playlist...  A favorite of mine...




I'm Thankful for . . . Birthdays, gardens, school pictures, state fairs, blue-eyed grandchildren and mothers...


My son, Chris, who turned 40 this year...he is one tough dude!


A cute little grand, Clara, sitting on a grand pumpkin in her garden!


Another cute grand, Nathan, and his watermelon that he started from a seed.


Back to school photos!  So cute!


These cuties having fun at the fair!


"Look at this rock" he said,  with those beautiful baby blues!



My sweet mother who is on her last journey in this life.  She's not sure who I am most days.  This was a good day, although I had to prompt her to smile.  On Wednesday when we were visiting, she was sleeping, which she does most of the day. She was very unresponsive.  We finally got her to wake up a bit, she smiled and answered a few questions.  She would just stare at me...I think she knew who I was...I will miss her...I will especially miss goodbye kisses and "I love you's" 💞

One of my favorite things . . . A hot cup of spicy tea on a cold morning.


I'm creating...  Because of the abundance of tomatoes in my son's garden, I have been making batches and batches of chili sauce.  Bob loves it, and eats it most everyday on something.  I am also drying tomatoes, I love them covered with olive oil and garlic, they'll be really good this winter.



I'm learning . . . To take one day at a time.  To enjoy the moment.  There are so many times that I seem to just rush along, mindlessly doing things that don't really matter in the long run.  I'm realizing that it's more important to make memories than to make, to-do lists.

From my kitchen . . .  It's hard to come up with ideas for cooking when there are only two of us for meals!  Tonight, I want to make spaghetti, using some of my beautiful tomatoes.  No recipe, I just kind of throw in tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and a few dried chili flakes...can't forget the sugar, and I love to use fresh basil if I have it.  I have lettuce that needs to be used, so I'll make a green salad.

Just sayin' . . .


A glimpse into my day today . . .

Time to take down the summer wreath and replace it with orange and red!



“The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.” 
~Henry Beston~

Have a wonderful week-end...and be safe.  Please send prayers and love to friends and loved ones in North Carolina. 💓


Hugs and Love,
Barb
































10 comments:

Shug said...

Oh sweet Barb.....first of all, my prayers for you and your mom. It is so emotional to see our loved ones in this state of their lives. The pumpkin in your pictures has stolen my heart. It is so big and so orange and so pretty....plus, it has the cutest little thing sitting on it. I love all of the sunsets and oh....the cloud pictures really caught my eye! So very interesting!! I'm with you on the FB thing. I get so tired of the junk on there. You would't even believe how many things I delete or hide. Your blog is my fun place to visit...I see so many interesting aspects of life each time I visit.... big hugs to you..

Terra said...

Your photos are very beautiful, of the sky and the unusual clouds and the children in the pumpkin patch.

LeAnn said...

Yes, fall is here even though the leaves aren't dropping yet. There is just a change in the air and some kind of feeling that comes as autumn rolls in. All your photos are spectacular. I see graphics coming. You are getting so good at this photo taking thing.
Ok, Facebook can be very entertaining. You came up with so ma
ny funny things about Facebook that I don't think about. Although, I do get tired of the politics and etc. I like it for the same reasons you do and I dislike it for most the same things too. I mainly go in just to see what my kids are doing; otherwise I sometimes wouldn't know. I think that is kind of sad.
I do love your playlist video. You always have good ones.
Happy Birthday to that Chris boy of yours. He is an awesome man and I have always liked him a lot.
Your grandchildren are precious and I loved all the photos of this sweet family of grands.
Your Mother is beautiful. I'm sad she is failing. It's so hard to watch the downhill struggles. Just continue to enjoy your moments even though they are hard. I miss my parents all the time.
I must admit my favorite hot drink is Hot Chocolate and it's about the time to have some. Maybe not cold enough yet.
I love that you do canning. The dried tomatoes look good. I need to try drying some stuff.
I agree memories before to do lists; that's me.
Your dinner sounded lovely! My dinner's don't sound that good. It is hard to do dinners for just two. Of course, we do join Jenni and family here and there doing the week.
It is time to get out or find those fall decorations.
Have a delightful Sabbath day! We hope to come up soon; so maybe we can connect.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

Kerin said...

Beautiful skies! Yep... I think some of those skies are a result of the smoke we've had in the west this year, but then seeing a gorgeous sunrise or sunset is the good in it :)
Those long horizontal clouds are amazing too!!

We struggle with dinners for two, mainly because we are food snobs (more my hubby, than me) and we get very tired of leftovers. Ever since I bought those little deli containers, dinner has been easier and more tasty, because if I make too much, I freeze it in a jiffy, and then we don't have the same thing over and over .. ~LOL!

I gave up on Facebook many years ago. Having a husband and both sons in law enforcement, I could tell you tales that would curdle your blood. It amazes me that there are such predators out in the world that exploit people for entertainment??!! Shame on them.
I've learned that whatever goes out on the internet, is forever. Forever.

Great job on the tomatoes!! I have your recipe for chili sauce that you sent me a few years back and it is indeed delicious!
I sometimes pour a jar of your chili sauce over a roast in the slow cooker.. YUM!

Have fun fluffling your nest for Fall. It is the best time of year, in my opinion :)
Your Grands are all adorable, and so is your son.. what a great smile he has!!



Enjoy this gorgeous time of year, and thanks for your sweet comments and visits.
~K.

Gina said...

Barb, such a bountiful blog post! Yikes about all that FB stuff. I did rejoin not too long ago but have not posted hardly anything. I mostly look at grandchildren pics/news. Beautiful pictures (those blue and white cloud pics are strange indeed!). Your chili sauce and tomatoes look delicious. xo

sanpiseth40 said...

I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
หนังออนไลน์

Jill said...

Your grandchildren are so precious! Yes you do have to wonder about Facebook. I like interacting with family and friends who don't live nearby, but I'm not into the jokes or political things either... there's enough of all that on the news! I do have my blog page and my business page on there that I manage also. I do enjoy Instagram. :-) Sorry to hear your mom is not doing well, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I miss my mom everyday. Hope you are having a great week so far!

Blessings,
Jill

Marsha said...

Barb,
Isn't Fall just the bestest! It's my most favorite time of the year and your photos just topped it off to a great start.
Those clouds were something else. I've never seen clouds do that before. Thanks for sharing the photos.
All your little grand photos are so precious. I miss my grandchildren very much. I did, however spend three weeks in Oregon the last part of August to be with my daughter and her family and the newest addition to their family....little Lyndi Jolene Walker....so precious!
I love the photo of your sweet mother. Precious photo memories that you will have always.
This blog was so full of a little bit of everything that was so touching that as I was typing, I thought to myself....hmmmm...if I commented about everything in this post that touched me, I would be writing a book.
Thanks for sharing everything.
Love - Marsha

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are some amazing sky photos. The sunsets have really been showing off. Your chili sauce looks delicious. You are a busy busy lady!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh my, the song, the photos of your mom, your precious words. you made me cry. My mom is on the same journey, albeit not as far along, but I notice a huge difference every time I phone her. I wish so much I could see her in person before she forgets who I am entirely. God bless you Barb I love you. xoxo

PS - I am with you about Facebook. I only keep it so I can keep up to date with what my kids do. I hate the politics, etc.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...