Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Daybook . . .

Old Glory in my front yard on Memorial Day!

Something from My Playlist and Feeling Blue. . . My Playlist is a little sad today, because I am sad.  I would like to ask for a prayer request for two amazing friends, who could really use the power of prayer in their lives right now.  First, for Vee, an amazing blogging friend, who said goodby to her sweetheart on May 28th.  She could use your prayers to comfort her and her family at this time of deep, deep sorrow.

I also have a wonderful friend, who lost her precious daughter last year at this time to cystic fibrosis.  She and her husband had two daughters, both of them had CF.  Her youngest daughter is now in the hospital, struggling to get well enough to go home.  This wonderful friend, also lost her mother this year, and just buried her father on May 27th.  Please send sweet thoughts and prayers for this sweet friend and her family, they so desperately need peace and comfort right now . . .


 Mother Nature . . . It's a blustery day here in Idaho, warm, but very windy.  We are suppose to get into the 90's over the week-end.  That is just simply too warm for this time of year, and it scares me for what the fire season might look like. 

On My Mind . . . My husbands birthday was last Saturday, and of course we celebrated!  We had a cook out with hamburgers, hotdogs and all the fixin's, including grandpa's favorite, cinnamon roll cake!

 

Cinnamon Roll Cake

1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup sour cream

Mix and pour into a 9x13 inch pan that has been sprayed with and oil spray

Mix together:
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Sprinkle this mixture over the cake batter and swirl it into the batter with a knife, until you can see that it is starting to mix in slightly.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  

Glaze:
3 oz cream cheese at room temp.
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
4-5 tablespoons milk to desired consistency.  Spread over warm cake . . . enjoy!



This little sweetheart also had a birthday in May . . . I can hardly believe she is 5 years old, time goes by so quickly!  She is also a pre-school graduate!



I also have to share this cute video of my sweet, Emily.  She was Florence Nightingale for a wax museum at school.  The students would touch her finger and she would tell them all about Florence Nightingale, it was adorable!  


 

My little Averi also graduated from 6th grade!  This is a picture of Averi and her aide, Renae,  who has been with her for the last 6 years!  She is just like Ave's mom and it will be so sad to not have her by her side next year in Jr. high school. The kids at school just love Averi, she will be missed!


Another picture of her with her teacher, who she has had for the last 2 years, such wonderful women!
 
 

 Just Sayin' . . .  
As I March over to my desk :innocent: <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23quotestoliveby" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23quotestoliveby&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#quotestoliveby search Pinterest">#quotestoliveby</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23workhard" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23workhard&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#workhard search Pinterest">#workhard</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23tuesdaymorning" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23tuesdaymorning&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#tuesdaymorning search Pinterest">#tuesdaymorning</a> 

XOXO,


3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend...
I will certainly pray for your friends...

Your littles are all so precious!
And your flag makes me happy!

Have a wonderful weekend. : )

Saimi said...

Of course I will pray for your friends thank you for the opportunity. The cinnamon roll cake looks amazingly delicious - thanks for the recipe! Renae' is truly a special person and I can see your Averi thinks so too. Such a darling little sweetie in her graduation cap and gown. The video didn't come through on my computer but I can only image how cute Florence Nightingale must have been. What a fun idea!

Have a great weekend Barb!
Saimi

LeAnn said...

Dearest Barb, you inspire me! I will pray for your two friends; both are sad stories. Especially, your second friend has been through so much. I do hope her sweet child get's better soon and can go home.
The recipe will be one that my sweetheart will enjoy. I really love the photo of Bob; it should be framed.
Loved all the photos of the grandchildren. Of course, Averi's pictures are priceless. I feel so sad she won't have her same aides to help her. I hope that won't be a difficult adjustment.
I couldn't get the video of your sweet granddaughter; post it again.
Well dear friend just know you are loved by me~ Hugs!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...