Friday, October 13, 2017

A Peek into My Week . . .


Mother Nature... It's cold outside today, but the sun is shining...temporarily!  It's suppose to get really windy and maybe even rain today.  

Last Sunday, as we were getting ready for church,  it started snowing!  I'm afraid that we are in for another snowy and very cold winter.  Yes, those are snow flakes, and the leaves are still green.  I'm ready for some fall colors in my world!  


My thoughts today...  My gorgeous granddaughter, just turned 17...17?!  It's just so hard to believe that she is growing up so fast.  She loves to play baseball, ride horses, hunt, fish, and go camping, did I mention that she loves to ride horses?!  But most of all she loves to have fun with her sweet little sister, Averi.  She is cute as can be and loved more than she will ever know!! To me, she will always be my sweet little, "Bugs".  



This is my handsome grandson.  He went hunting yesterday and got his deer, which made him really happy!  I won't show you the deer, because that may be really hard for some of you to look at.  He always makes me smile, he's such an amazing young man.

Blessings . . . The other day, I received this wonderful gift in the mail, from a really sweet blogging friend, Saimi!  Thank you, Saimi, these sweet little cinnamon coated, roasted almonds are so delicious!  I count my blessings everyday for the wonderful friends I have made through blogging.


Creative Me . . .  I have been busy crocheting this cute little, dragon hood for one of my granddaughters, who loves dinosaurs and dragons, so this will be her, Christmas gift, unless I can't wait, and I give it to her for Halloween...;0)  I hope mine turns out as cute as the one in the photo . . . you just never know.  I still have some work to do on it.  The spikes across the top felt a little flimsy to me,  so I made two so I could double them.  I'll just sew them together, that will make them a little sturdier.  It's an easy pattern, didn't take much time at all...just patience.  I think it's just adorable!  I'll show you a picture of mine when it's finished.


Dreaming About...  Can you believe that, Christmas is just around the corner?! I don't put my big tree upstairs anymore, it stays downstairs.  I have some little artificial trees that I put upstairs, because they don't take up as much space.  Here are a few ideas I have for them...



I have a large, very old trunk that I usually put them in, kind of like the top photo.  I like both of these ideas, but I really get stuck in a rut sometimes, and don't change things up.  I have an old table, very similar to the one in this photo.  It would be cute to use it instead of the trunk...food for thought.

Looking forward to... I'm looking forward to, Thanksgiving.  I really do have so much to be thankful for.  I'd like to find some fun and different ideas for dinner.  We really get stuck with the same, turkey and gravy dinners, so I would kind of like to change it up.  How does this sound, instead of turkey?


I think ham sounds delicious for Thanksgiving...here's the recipe!

I would still keep some of the traditional sides, like stuffing, cranberries, rolls and creamed corn (our favorite), but, I might even change them up a bit . . . I think it would be fun to do something different for a change.  Can you tell I need some changes in my life?!  What are some of your traditional, Thanksgiving recipes?

What's for dinner... I'm making these, easy, yummy, enchiladas for dinner... and maybe some rancho beans and a salad, or maybe some rice...I can't decide.



Easy Layered Beef Enchiladas
1 pound ground beef
¾ cup chopped onion
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1- 4.5-oz can chopped green chilies
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1-10 oz can enchilada sauce
8 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese
Sour cream if desired
Heat oven to 375°F. In large nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onions and garlic until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add green chiles, salt and pepper; mix well. Remove from heat.
Pour 1/2 can of the enchilada sauce in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas in dish, overlapping slightly. Spoon beef mixture evenly over tortillas; top with remaining 4 tortillas. Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.


Just Sayin'... 

Have an amazing week-end!!
Hugs and Love,
Barb


7 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Your grandchildren are beautiful!

I loved this post. You can just tell you are a wonderful person, you always show such gratitude.

Saimi is adorable. Several years ago I blogged about the multiple times I had fallen. Saimi's son was living just up the street from us while he was going to college. She had him come over with bubble wrap. I have never laughed so hard. She's adorable.

Yes, I too am longing for a nice lazy Fall, but fear we are in for a doozy of a year this winter.

That ham looks yummy. You should do both. I love the holidays and the feelings of gratitude.

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend...
Thank you for the beautiful and supportive comment on my blog post today.
It meant more than you know. : )
Your grandchildren are beautiful!!!
And snow???
It is getting that time of year here!!! But not quite yet. lol
Ham sounds wonderful for Thanksgiving!
We do turkey...but then again...we do lasagna for Christmas!!
Have a cozy weekend! : )

Anonymous said...

Barb, your enchiladas look so delicious! I'll try your recipe soon. I can't even think about Thanksgiving or Christmas yet. I'm way behind on my holiday plans. Love your Dino hat pattern! Hello to your sweet grandchildren!

Saimi said...

Oh my goodness, SNOW?? I heard Idaho Falls had 4 inches today, yikes! Your granddaughter is a beauty, I love that she loves horses, my kind of girl! Ok, that dragon hood is adorable I can't wait to see yours!! How amazing are you anyway!! I just finished my Halloween decorations, I can't even think of Christmas yet. My Mother in Law always does Thanksgiving and a great job at that. My job is to bring the sweet yams, you know the kind that are smothered in butter, brown sugar and marshmallows, yeah, my favorite!!
Have a great week Barb and good luck with that snow....:0

LeAnn said...

Oh my dearest sweet sister friend, You really are like a sister to me. I didn't have one so I claim you.
I of course, loved this post. Our shared grandchildren are the best ever. We had so much fun with them all when they were down last week. It was all so fun. We had two of our families together that like to be together. We all just had such a great visit. It was truly amazing.
That Taylor Jo is such a beauty. I kept telling her she was living my dream. I always wanted to learn to ride horses better. I wanted to be like Annie Oakley. She is such a joy and is always a wonderful sister to our marvelous Averi.
Your two small Christmas trees are adorable in the Trunk but the table is cute too. I love how you decorate.
I love ham and turkey so I could see having them both. I don't think I can give up the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with the turkey but yours sounds yummy.
Thanks for your recipe. It looks like a good one to try.
I love the crocheted dragon hood. It is adorable. I wish I could spend a few hours with you and have you teach me how to crochet better.
Well dearest one, I'm sending big hugs your way and blessings for you!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Barb, your granddaughter is so pretty! I envy her the horse-back riding. I used to love riding horses, but that was years ago. Ah, memories!
It's hard for me to think about Christmas yet, although I have been pinning a few things on Pinterest. I've been thinking about Thanksgiving and what to fix. I expect it'll be the same as every other year...turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy etc. I will have the crockpot corn this year that I made last year for the first time, it was a big hit. Thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals!
Thanks for sharing the recipe, it looks yummy and I'll be trying it soon.
Hugs, Cheryl

Sue said...

OH! Barb, This just made my heart sing, from the photos to your beautifully written thoughts, I have been looking for ideas for my small trees, and like you I'm dreaming , Fall is my favorite season, because of Thanksgiving , and because of the colors, but Christmas is my favorite holiday.
Love the dragon hood, I'm sure yours will be beautiful!
Wishing your beautiful granddaughter happy birthday, like you my grandson loves to hunt, as my sons do too!
Thank you for sharing, I always leave so encouraged, thank you for your friendship here in bogland,
Blessings,
Sue

Leap Day . . .

  I need to hurry and get this post up before tomorrow! Outside My Window... It's a very gray 29th of February, and we are expecting a s...