Thursday, March 21, 2024

Happy Spring!

 


Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was crazy, especially for this time of year.  The snow was extremely heavy and wet,  but it was much needed water for our high desert home.




While the storm was raging outside, we were comfy, cozy in the house.  We were watching, Averi while her parents were on a trip for 12 days.  It was so much fun, and I missed her so much when they came home.  


This is what it looked like this morning... what a difference a few weeks make!!


On my playlist . . . In memory of my beautiful mom, who would have been 96 today.  Mom loved Andy Williams, and she especially loved this song, Moon River.  In fact it was one of the songs that my very talented niece played on the piano at her funeral.  It was beautiful!


Right now I am . . . I'm watching a show on Netflix called, Unknown: Cave of Bones.  It's super interesting!  It's a documentary about a species that lived over 250,000 years ago.  I don't know about you guys, but I love documentaries!  

What I'm reading . . . I've been reading a book called, Divine Signature by, Gerald N. Lund.  Very interesting. 

In my kitchen . . . Today I made these delicious, copycat, Cookie Crumble, Cosmic Brownie cookies.  Oh my goodness, these are delicious!  You are suppose to frost them, but I like them just like they are.  They're very chocolatey, but not too sweet.  These are very big, probably 1/3 cup of cookie dough per cookie.  I made some that are just a tablespoon of dough so that I could enjoy one...  yum!  Here's the recipe


What I'm creating . . .  I'm still working on my afghan.  But I'm having a hard time working on it because of this cuteness . . . oh, my!  She's such a handful, but we get so much joy from her being in our home. 💓


I'm looking forward to . . . One last birthday this month!  Here are a few photos of my birthday grands.  Only one more to go!  I just love these amazing grandsons.  They are so precious and important to us, each one of them.  We were even able to talk to Brody, in Croatia on his birthday, that was the highlight of our day!!  





Just sayin' . . . I'm so inconsistent with posting on this little space in blogland.  I have thought seriously about just calling it quits and feeling grateful for the time I have spent here.  I have loved all of the memories I have captured with my camera, and all of the fun that I've had through the years.  Most of them are here, on my little blog!  I will continue to post, but it will be sporadic.  I hope that I can continue with all the friends that I've made here, but if not, I totally understand, it's hard to keep up when you don't see me very often.  Until the next time...

Be safe.  XOXOX

Hugs and Love,

Barb 




6 comments:

Shug said...

Good morning Barb. I was happy this morning to see your post. Isn't it amazing how the weather can change so fast. Huge difference in your area, but I am glad you all got the water from the snow that you needed. Your grands are all so handsome and little Indy in a cutie. Girl, those cookies look amazing! They would not last very long in my household. And....Moon River! Love that song. It is the sweet memories of the things that our loved ones enjoyed, that I am thankful for. I'm sure hoping you will continue posting, even if you do have to cut back. I've so much enjoyed our blogging friendship. I will continue looking for your post. Have a beautiful Friday and an awesome weekend.

Lori said...

Hi Barb!! Your winter photo's are gorgeous. We don't often get more than a few inches of snow so I'm a bit jealous. The weather changes quickly though doesn't it? All of your grandsons are so handsome. I'm glad you were able to celebrate with them. Good that you spoke to the one in Croatia also. Indy sure is a cutie. Pets are so special. They make a home a home. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Cindy said...

Those snow photos are beautiful! And you're right, what a difference a couple of weeks make. What a joy to be able to talk with Brody! I video-chatted with my daughter and one year old granddaughter on the east coast this morning and that was pretty spectacular! I can only imagine Croatia! I hope he's doing well over there. I understand about the back-and-forth debate about blogging. Especially when there isn't much going on, or when there's computer issues... I'll continue to read though, whenever you're able to post. Have a great weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! I hope that you continue your blog. I love seeing what you are up to. I was hoping we would get to meet up one day, but alas, we don't get up to Rexburg much. Actually, I don't think Josh WANTS us to come up and "check" on him. ;-) So glad that you grandson is doing so well in Croatia. Looks like you have lots of family birthdays this month. One of our granddaughters turned 16 today and we took her to breakfast. We always love seeing our grands. I understand how busy life can get, but I hope we will see you in blogland from time to time. Sending you virtual hugs,my friend!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your corgi is so cute and I love the little sign behind her with all her details. Just like a human baby would have in the hospital nursery when born.

Do all your grandsons have birthdays in the same month?

Aviator said...

I'm grateful for the positive community your blog has fostered. It's a supportive space. Find fellow Aviator players to team up with on our blog.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...