Sunday, February 18, 2024

Hurry Up Spring!!

 

Hello everyone!  I'm trying so hard to just enjoy the quietness and slowness of winter . . . but it's so hard, especially when I see photos like this one!  It's all okay though, I will be saying, hurry up fall, by summer's end.  I keep telling myself to just enjoy the moment.  😩

I've been listening to oldies, not that strange for me . . . This song always makes me feel like dancing!


Of course there was snow this morning, and every morning before that for the last week.  This is what I see every morning. It's actually been snowing all day.  I think we will get maybe two inches of snow by this evening.


I've been trying to stay busy as the these slow days demand, and so I started a new crochet afghan to go with my new bedspread.  I also got some pretty new pillows to go on my bed.


Also, two of my grandchildren sent photos to me this last week.  Brody standing in front of a beautiful building in Croatia, and Christian and Lisa at the Sandflats in Utah.  I'm so grateful for grandchildren!


Well, Valentine's Day came and went without much fanfare around our house.  We had surf and turf, roasted brussel sprouts and cheesecake for dessert.  It was delicious!  After dinner we watched TV, not that exciting.  We did have a family dinner yesterday, and I made some Valentine's cookies to bring to my sweethearts.  Who doesn't love a frosted sugar cookie?!


These are both great recipes and were absolutely delish!  I made the frosting for the heart-shaped cookies and brought it with me.  I really don't like the frosting to stick to the other cookies, a little pet peeve of mine.  Plus, everyone likes to frost a cookie, right!?  

Here are the recipes for the two different cookies.  Both of these recipes are from a church cookbook from the 70's.  The first recipe is from my mom's first cousin.

You can use butter instead of shortening in both of these recipes.


We all had so much fun at the get together, we had - pizza, a fruit platter, veggie tray, bread sticks, a big green salad, cookies and tres leche cake for dessert . . . yummmm!

I also have a big surprise!  Meet, Indie, our 3 month old, Welsh Pembroke Corgi!


And she has a heart on her little bum!  She is so cute, a handful, but so adorable!


Clara really loves dogs, and she fell in love with Indie right off the bat.


Another surprise . . . Christian and Lisa brought this Beatles album to me.  You know what a music junkie I am, and I love this album!  When I was in high school, I actually wrote my senior paper on, The Beatles ;0) And I got an A on it!



I hope everyone has a great week.  I'm looking forward to checking out your posts and commenting this coming week.  Enjoy the slowness of winter, but look forward to warmer, sunnier and busy days... they're coming!

Be safe!  Hugs and Love XOXO

Barb

9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! Those cookies look delicious! So glad that your grandson is doing well in Croatia. What an interesting place to serve a mission! We have had mostly rain here this week - thankfully most of the snow has stayed in the mountains. Your new little puppy is adorable. So fun to here the "pitter-patter of little paws" in your house! Have a great week, Barb! It's always fun to hear what you are up to! See you again soon!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your puppy is adorable. And that heart on her backside is quite unusual. I've never seen anything like that on a dog before, haha.

Shug said...

The cutest little puppy and I noticed the heart on the bottom. What a surprise! I know you sure enjoyed getting the photos from your family...Beautiful family. Valentine was simple around here as well...We did go eat dinner and come home to watch "The Price is Right." lol. Thank you for sharing your cookie recipes. They look good and you just can't wrong with a good sugar cookie. Spring is beginning to show around here...I have daffodils and I actually saw some tiny leaves on some of the trees. Just hoping we do not have a late freeze. Hang in there as I know Spring is just around the corner....hugs to you Barb

Lori said...

That is one of my all time favorite songs!! I don't know how anyone can resist the urge to dance to it.
Your afghan is going to look beautiful in your bedroom. It's the perfect color and it looks so soft and cozy.
Thank you for sharing the two sugar cookie recipes. I always love trying new ones. I used to make cut out cookies a lot more than I do now and I need to get back in the habit.
Your grandchildren are gorgeous. So sweet to send you photos.
Congratulations on the new family member. Indie is absolutely adorable. I LOVE the heart on the bum. Such a sweet face too.
I hope you have a wonderful week. Spring will be here before you know it.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Welcome to your precious new family member!!! What joy a pup brings! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Jennifer said...

Such great photos! Your crochet looks beautiful even in that little snippet of a photo and the grandkids look so happy! The cookies look delicious but oh my goodness that pup takes the cake - with a heart on her backside!!:) I hope you are enjoying all the puppy snuggles and puppy antics!! Congratulations!

Joyful said...

I enjoyed all the old songs you shared. The song "Cry" seems to be such a popular song for people to dance to on various YT and Tik Tok videos. I love the afghan you are crocheting too. It looks like it will be very comfortable.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...