Sunday, July 9, 2023

Summer . . .


 Hello . . . This is what has kept me away from my blog . . . 














A few weeks ago we went to see Lee Brice.  He's one of my favorite singers, the concert was amazing!




We've also worked hard this summer.  Bob and Christian put in a new gate and stretched fence along the canal, put in several new posts, built two new raised beds for my garden and worked really hard on the basement. . .
 

We also had a flood!  For about two weeks we had terrible rainstorms.  Our basement flooded and is still waiting to be painted, but it was a lot of work to just get it to that point!  So much to do, so little time!  Here is Bob working hard to keep the rain from coming into the garage . . . again!  




And of course, sunsets . . . 




Bob is currently in Alaska fishing for Halibut, he just got there today.  It's a much needed trip for all the hard work he's been dong.  I'm looking forward to sharing more pictures that he sends me.  So far they are gorgeous.  And hopefully, no more pictures of floods!  

And just today, Tanner brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers from their latest camping trip . . . Indian Paintbrush!  


And from their last adventure, another bouquet of wildflowers!  What a sweet boy!


Until next time . . . and I promise there will be a next time . . . be safe XOXO

Hugs and Love,

Barb



12 comments:

Lori said...

So sorry to hear about the flood. Storms have been pretty severe this year. All of your pictures are gorgeous. The Indian Paintbrush bouquet is beautiful. Sounds like your summer is going pretty well. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. I love all of the beautiful pictures you have in this post. Sounds like you are having a lovely Idaho summer. I am so sorry to hear about the flooding in your basement. Sounds like Bob is having a great trip to Alaska. It's always nice to see what you are up to. Have a good week and I will see you again soon, I hope!

Billie Jo said...

Well hello!!! If there were ever a good reason to be away from Blogland, you have it! What beautiful photos of your lovely world! I am sorry to hear about the basement issue. That has happened to us several times. I hope you are having a cozy afternoon, my friend. I am on the sofa with my pups. It is cloudy and cool here today.

Jennifer said...

WOW - absolutely gorgeous photos! (minus those floods...ugh!) But what a beautiful part of the country you call home! What a wonderful blessing! I hope the Alaska trip is fun, full of fish and a good time of unwinding! You stayed home? Not a fishing fan or not an Alaska fan?:) Thanks for sharing your photos - will look forward to those from the trip as well! Have a wonderful week. Here's to a dry one!!:)

Donna said...

Maybe a street drain was stopped up...
Beautiful flowers and the views are gorgeous!
hugs
Donna

Shug said...

Hey Barb....so happy to be here reading your post. So sorry you have had so much flooding. Right the opposite here. DRY, very Dry and Hot. Oh my goodness....you live in a beautiful place. Mountains, trees, flowers, green grasses....this is the best! I sure hope he catches a whole lot of fish. We are headed to Alaska next week and so excited. Cooler weather is what we need. Beautiful photos and I appreciate you sharing...Take care and enjoy the rest of your Summer. Keeping you all in my prayers..

Marie Rayner said...

Hi Barb! Beautiful photos. You live in such a beautiful area. Sorry to read about the flooding! We have had fires and floods here so far this summer. Very devastating to many! Your bouquets are beautiful! xoxo

Annie said...

Beautiful photos. They just made me so happy to view them.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful pictures.

Latane Barton said...

Looks like you have a very good reason for not blogging. Glad to read of all your adventures.

Annie said...

Glorious photos! I am sorry about the flood though. I hope that is a one time deal. You certainly did have a great reason not to blog but its nice to see this post.

Jennifer said...

Hello friend - I hope you are doing well! I stop by here every once in awhile...just to check on you. And to see all the gorgeous photos!!:)

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...