Sunday, February 26, 2023

March Madness Begins soon and Hodge Podge . . .

 

We still have snow.  Lots of snow.  Tonight it's snowing and blowing... lots of snow.  We had planned a trip to town tomorrow for some groceries and gifts, but I think we'll just stay home and stay warm.  I'm tired of the snow, but I know we need it, and so I'm doing the best I can to tolerate it.  

Well, like my title says, March Madness begins for me very soon.  We start off with a birthday on the 1st, then on  the 15th, 16th, 17th and 30th of March.  My mom's birthday is on the 22nd, and my granddaughter's is on the 13th.  Even though they're not with us now, we celebrate their birthdays in our hearts.  We also have a missionary farewell, on the 12th, and a family dinner on the 11th...or maybe the 12th, we haven't decided.  I am also taking Averi on the 22nd for 11 days while her parents take a much needed vacation.  I will probably get even less blogging done than I do now!  So, like I said, March Madness.

I've been organizing the basement, and believe it or not, I don't have that much more to do.  Maybe we'll try to work on that tomorrow.  I also want to wash down and clean out my kitchen cabinets...what to do, what to do... maybe both, we'll see when my energy runs out ;0)  

Today, on our way home from church we ran into a flock of turkeys.  We haven't seen them for a while, but it looks like today was the day to flirt with the girls.  They are so beautiful, and apparently they all wanted the attention of this one female!  I love how she is really looking them over...

This guy was really showing off!  Isn't he pretty?!

And speaking of birds, these guys are always hungry.  It's been such a long cold winter that we try to keep food in the feeders all the time.  They eat a lot!

Last week, Tanner's school was celebrating Harry Potter, so he dressed up like Harry.  He really does make the best, Harry Potter! 


I'll leave you with these silly, snow puns...I warned you, they're cheesy!

  • What do you call it when it gets so cold that the cash machine won’t function?
    A spending freeze!
  • Why can’t you depend on snowmen to hang around for long?
    They’re too flaky!
  • Mother knows best, and when winter comes, Mother Nature snows best.
Stay safe . . . XOXO

Hugs and Love, 

Barb

10 comments:

Lori said...

We haven't had any snow lately but the winds have been crazy. Your month sounds like March Madness for real. I hope you have fun celebrating. Your Grandson makes an awesome Harry Potter. Have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. I am totally with you about the snow. Yes, we need it, but I am ready for spring! I love the picture of your grandson dressed up like Harry Potter. Also, those wild turkeys are amazing! I didn't know that you had wild turkeys up there in your area. We have a lot of family birthdays in March too - so I get March madness. I am looking out of my window this morning and it looks like most of the snow that we were supposed to get last night stayed up in the mountains, so my drive to school shouldn't be too bad. That's a good thing. I hope you have a good Monday and a good week. See you again soon!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Hi Barb! I love the snowman on his back making angels! What a great idea. And, wow, March is your family month with all the birthdays. I hope you enjoy all the festivities around these important milestones. We, too, have lots of snow and though I'm tired of it and want to move on, I do think about the moisture it will give. Right now it's raining! Which causes some flooding, so it's truly a mixed bag around here. God bless your day and week ahead!
Mary

Vee said...

Sounds as if the March activities will take your mind off the snow. Still snowing here, too, but then you folks keep sending it along. 😏

Billie Jo said...

Hello! OK. That little guy looks exactly like Harry Potter! I love it! Your March sounds like our May. So much to celebrate! We have had the mildest winter I can remember here in Pennsylvania. It has been in the high 60s, and the other day I saw a bunch of wasps around my birdfeeder! I hope you have a cozy day, my friend.

Jennifer said...

Hello friend! I must admit, I am glad that snow is all in your yard and neck of the woods! We had 15 minutes of the lightest flurries on Saturday...and I do hope that is the end of any white stuff for us!:) Boy but don't you have a lot of celebrating to do in March! (Will you be eating cake for all those birthdays!!) :) Here's to a fun month celebrating many of your favorite people!:) Thanks much for stopping by my blog this month. I am woefully behind...but look forward to catching up with my blog friends in the days and weeks ahead!! Happy March to you!

LeAnn said...

What an entertaining post. I know how you feel about the ongoing snow. I'm grateful for it, but at the same time tired of it too. The flock of Turkey photos is fun. The one is beautiful, for sure.
Your cute grandson is a perfect Harry. He's a cute one. Enjoy the moments with our precious Averi. I keep telling them to give us a turn sometime. I do wish we lived close to help you more. She is such a joy, and I know you will understand her needs. She does well here, but I don't know how long she would do without her parents. She is used to you having her, so I know it will go well.
Your snow puns are fun!
Big hugs to you two; stay warm!!

Sue said...

No snow for us, our spring and pollen are three weeks early this year, I hope Mother Nature is not going to trick us, that would be such a disappointment.
Tanner indeed looks like a very young Harry Potter! It looks like you are going to be extra busy this month, I have started a little cleaning and organizing, just haven't got a lot accomplished in that area as of yet.
It is always so nice to see a post from you, though I don't blog to much anymore, it seems there are not enough hours in the day to get what needs to be done, but I keep trucking, stay warm and cozy.
Sue

annie said...

Oh he really does look like a Harry Potter! How cute is that.
I also love the snow angle snow man. very cute.
We have a problem with turkey here as they seem to hate elderly people and over in the next town are busy attacking them in the senior homes area! But they are beautiful indeed.
Here in southern NJ we got only the barest dusting of snow this year. Maybe that will change but I doubt it. No sign of spring yet though.
Have a lovely weekend my friend.

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm sorry they're no longer with you. Mom died recently, and her birthday passed with her not here as well as my first birthday without her. She is in my heart, for sure.

PS: Loved the snowman laying on the ground. I've never seen that before. It's a hoot.

Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...