Friday, November 11, 2022

My Daybook .

Hello friends, I hope everyone is surviving the time change?  For me, I like this time...the original time.  My body does so much better without daylight savings.  It's an adjustment to have the sun set at 5:00, but that just means more cozy time for me ;0)  Do you prefer daylight savings time or the original time that we are in now, at least in my neck of the woods?

On with my Daybook . . .

I'm listening to . . . Do any of you listen to, Sounds like Reign?  They are a Christian musical family. They sing the most beautiful hymns, and also write some of their own music.  Lindsey has an absolutely beautiful voice, I could listen to her sing all day.  This is one of my favorite hymns and they sing it beautifully . . . enjoy!


Outside my window . . .  On Tuesday and Wednesday it snowed at least 6 inches.  It was just beautiful as it fell from the sky and blew across the lawn and I was very grateful that we were getting the snow that we so greatly needed.  I didn't get a chance to get all of my flower beds cleaned out before the snow fell, so that's something I will have to get done as soon as it warms up.  When I looked out the window this morning, I saw my little pink snap dragons sticking their heads out of the snow - they are survivors for sure!



I'm thinking . . . Over the summer it seemed like fall and winter would never get here.  It was so miserably hot and dry, I didn't think it would ever cool off.  Now, Thanksgiving is upon us, Christmas is just around the corner and my granddaughter will be married soon after.  Time certainly does fly, doesn't it.  I have so much I would like to get done before the holidays and I really need to sit down with pen and paper and make a list of  all the things I need to do...hopefully I'll have the time and energy to get some things done!   But if I don't get them all done, it won't be the end of the world.  Thanksgiving will still come, Christmas will still be wonderful and the wedding will be beautiful.  And, the things I didn't get to will still be waiting for me when it's all over.

I'm thankful for. . . I had a birthday this week, so I'm thankful for another trip around the sun!!  I have never had a problem with growing older, in fact I am always thankful for another day and another year.  My children and grandchildren came to celebrate with me and even brought a delicious lasagna dinner with all the fixings, it was so good!  Everyone was here except one grandson who lives out of state, but I did get a happy birthday text from him later that night.  I didn't even take pictures of the shindig, but it was really fun and so thoughtful of my kids.  I am so thankful for all of the love they show me each day.  Of course they were very generous and gave me gifts that I just love.  I'm at the point where I don't really need gifts, but they always find such wonderful gifts that make me smile.


I'm going . . .  I'm not going anywhere in this cold weather.  I have had two telehealth appointments this week, so I guess I will have to count as going somewhere!  The rest of the week the temperatures will only be in the upper 20's so I guess it will be a perfect time to stay home.  I would like to go and do some shopping for Christmas, but that will wait until it warms up a bit.  And of course, there's always Amazon and other places to order from. 

I'm creating . . . I think I've mentioned before that I was looking for a crochet project to work on this winter.   I found this really cute, really easy crochet throw that I think I will start soon.  Here's the pattern if you would like to take a look at it and maybe make this throw.  It looks easy enough, I just need to decide what color to make it...I'm thinking a beautiful cream color or even the color that's in the photo would be nice.

Photo from Pinterest

I'm learning . . . I'm learning to eat differently, especially since having covid a year ago.  There are so many foods that I just can't eat or tolerate anymore, but, lucky for me, fish is not one of them!  I love and can tolerate almost all sea food, I especially like fish tacos because they're easy and quick to put together.  I plan on making this recipe next week, so I'll let you know how it turns out.  

Photo from Pinterest

At the end of the day . . .


When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.
Christy Ann Martine

Be safe, hugs and love,

Barb


8 comments:

Vee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! Belated Happy Birthday. So happy that your family spoiled you! I love that beautiful Idaho sunset. You do have some beautiful sunsets up there. I enjoy them whenever we go to Rexburg. We got snow last week, but it stayed in the mountains. The skiff we got in the valley is gone now, but it continues to be very cold. Tonight, Charly and I are off to help clean the Jordan River Temple. I love being able to do that. Hope you have a great weekend. See you again soon!

Jennifer said...

Fish tacos sound delicious! I order them in restaurants but do not think I have ever made my own at home. Hmmm - I love your crochet project and will look forward to seeing it completed. I have a friend here that crochets so nicely (she attempted to teach me but I just could not catch on...sigh) Perhaps she would enjoy making me a lovely throw!!:) I'm glad you are enjoying the snow. It is wonderful how God makes each of us so unique....and that so folks actually enjoy snow!?! HA - just kidding. I'm all about warm weather:) Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!! And a few extra birthday wishes to you!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Barb!!!!! I, too, don't mind birthdays - just glad every year to have one! : ) I loved your post. Yes, Sounds Like Reign is wonderful - all the children are adorable and what voices! I know someone will think that I should bite my tongue but the snow is beautiful. I'm ready for it. : ) The crochet pattern is very pretty and this time of year is perfect for projects like that - we accomplish something and stay warm at the same time. : ) And, lastly, one of my fave foods are fish tacos. Yours is making hungry for them right now!!!

Thanks for your post, Barb. SO enjoyed it.
Mary

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great celebration! Your snow pictures are stunning. We're hoping for snow around here. Some winters we get snow, some we don't get any at all! We like fish around here too. Fish tacos... hmmm, I think I'll make some in the next few days!

Shug said...

Hey Barb....fist of all, let me say Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a great SPECIAL day. I love the snow pictures, especially where the snow is falling in front of the red. I always have to have my list of things to do, written down.You do have a busy next few months and I know all the events will be just perfect. I sure admire those that can crochet....I've always wanted to, but just never learned how. I will say, those fish tacos look pretty yummy to me! Eating healthy is hard sometimes...but the benefits are so great. Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Lorrie said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Barb. I'm glad you were well celebrated. I love fish tacos, too, and order them whenever I can at a restaurant. I've made them at home, too. So delicious. Your snow is beautiful, but early! I prefer this time, too, and hate having to change twice a year. Our province is talking about keeping just Daylight Savings Time in future, depending on what Washington and California decide.

annie said...

Happy Birthday!! There is a place here called Surf Taco that makes fish tacos. Never tried one myself but I am a definite taco fan. What a sunset!!!

We've been Busy. . .

Hello!  How many of you celebrate, May Day?!  I can remember making May Day baskets in grade school, but I'm pretty sure it's someth...