Monday, March 7, 2022

 

It may be almost the second week of March...but, HELLO MARCH!  February was a very long month, even though it was short ;0)  There was a lot of stuff going on in February, nothing very post worthy, just stuff.  

But a few of them were worth posting!  So, March, for our family, starts off  with a bunch of birthdays!  We helped celebrate Nathan's birthday a week ago, he turned 11!  




Nathan had a great birthday!  Like most kids, he got to choose his birthday dinner - blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice, it was delicious.  Grandpa cooked the bacon, at Nathan's request, because he likes the way grandpa cooks it, nice and crispy.  Instead of cake, he wanted, root beer floats, they were so good along with a slice of yummy coffee cake, after all he needed something to put the candles in.  It was all delicious, but most of all I just loved spending time with Nathan.  Nathan is an amazing boy - cute, smart, fun, always a smile and a hug, and just a really good boy, we sure do love him!

The balloons on the window were really cute!  My daughter will keep them up all month as three of her children have birthdays in March.  


I loved this, Winnie the Pooh quote, I really did feel this way about each of my grandchildren the minute I saw them,  and they have all been, and have all taken me, on grand adventures!  

The weather here has been off and on, cold one day and kind of mild the next day...never over 40 degrees, of course.  Tomorrow, it's going to snow, not a significant amount, but at least it's something.  Two weeks ago, we did get a little bit of snow, maybe 3 or 4 inches...it was really pretty, but not enough to help replenish our lakes and reservoirs.  I will be praying for rain this spring.



I wish I could say that we went on an amazing drive and took amazing photos, but, we have stuck close to home the last month.  Bob's shoulder is healing, but it's way more painful that his first shoulder.  He is currently doing physical therapy and I think it's helping.  Hopefully by April, we will be able to travel a little more, depending on the price of gas.  :0(   I was talking to Bob about it today, and he thought it would be a great idea to just drive the side-by-side instead of the car or truck.  It's tempting!  

Today I went to, DUP (Daughters of Utah Pioneers).  It's the first time we've been able to meet since December.  Covid stopped us, and then the slick roads, we are all older and really don't like to drive in the snow and on bad roads.  It was very nice to see everyone again, it's been too long.  

After I got home, Bob and I had to run into town to get new batteries for one of the alarms on our security system.  Just a side note...our dishwasher quit working, then our furnace and now the alarm system (which is now fixed), again, February was a long month.  We are putting in a new furnace next week, the old one still works, but it's on it's last leg, and I am the new dishwasher.

Like so many of you, I am praying for Ukraine and for all those who are suffering the terrible atrocities that are happening there.   I'm so very thankful for the freedoms that I enjoy in this country.  I stand with Ukraine. 



I hope that everyone is having a great start to their week.  See you soon.

Be safe...XOXO

Hugs and Love,
Barb



7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello Barb! Happy March, my friend. Happy Birthday to your grandson. I love his choice of a birthday meal! I enjoy your beautiful photos, as always. And I hope you have a cozy evening.

Kerin said...

What a fun birthday meal! Happy birthday to Nathan!!
I love your husbands idea of toolin' around in your side by side (I call ours the Scooter) and it sure will save you gas money!
This morning as we headed over to Richfield, gas prices were $3.89. We ran back a few hours later, because we had forgotten one or two items at the store, and the gas prices had all jumped over thirty cents....yikes!
Sorry about all the mechanical breakdowns! Bad things happen in three's it seems like.
Years ago all three of our kids were serving missions, and our Tahoe broke down, the dishwasher and the t.v.
It all worked out though, and good things happen in three's also :)

~K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! I was so glad when I saw this post. For some reason, I almost missed it! Looks like your grandson had a wonderful birthday - lot of fun. I love that he wanted a "breakfast for dinner" birthday meal. I want to join DUP - one day. I will probably have to wait until I retire because not a lot of groups meet in the evening around here. I hope Bob's shoulder continues to heal so that you guys can do some more traveling. We have some trips planned, but we are wondering if the price of gas will slow down our summer plans. Gas is now well over $4.00 here. I am OK with paying more though, if it will help with the situation in Ukraine. Praying everyday for that embattled country. It is all so very sad. It is always good to hear from you, Barb. I hope you have a good week.

Lorrie said...

Hello Barb! What fun to celebrate Nathan's birthday together. I hope your husband's shoulder heals well. Traveling is going to be expensive, for sure! I'm thankful that I can drive my car in a peaceful land. Like you, I stand with Ukraine!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Happy March to you as well, though it's already half over. I'm terribly behind in reading (and writing) blog posts and am trying to play catch up.
What a handsome young man your Nathan is, and I love the Winnie the Pooh quote.
Hoping you hubby's shoulder is feeling better than new soon.

Juan said...

Hello everyone! I write this article to appreciate the good work of DR OGALA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR OGALA. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend?  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR OGALA should contact him via E-mail: ogalasolutiontemple@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via WhatsApp +2349123794867

LeAnn said...

Dearest Friend,
I always love your updates. I thought Nathan's birthday looked like one of the best. He's a cute one. I do think you have some very precious grandchildren. I liked best his breakfast birthday. I love breakfast, a favorite meal for sure.
We are getting prepared for replacing some of our stuff. Our dishwasher is hanging and near gone. I know there are other things too that will need replacing.
The weather here is about the same. I pray for snow or rain. We are getting desperate.
I always love your adventures, so I hope you have some good ones.
Gases prices are getting worrisome for sure. Maybe not a lot of traveling this year. At least the reunion that Amber is planning is near.
I do hope Bob's shoulder get's to feeling better. I wish Roger would have his neck and shoulder checked out. The pain is positional and comes and goes; but it is painful.
Hope all of March is the best for you all. Sending love and hugs!

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...