Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Today In My Life. . .Welcome February . . .


Let's see, today in my life...life is kinda crazy, in a good way.  First, a quick update on how I am feeling.  I'm finally doing great!  It took a while, and I'm not going to lie, it wasn't an easy recovery, but, I feel really good now, and breathing much, much better.  Bob is doing great as well, he is going to have his other shoulder replaced on the 9th of February, so we're not done yet!  I pray it will go as well as the first shoulder replacement.  That said, thank you for all of your kind comments, e-mails and prayers, they really do mean a lot to me.    

  This week, Averi is staying with us.  Her mom and dad are taking a much needed vacation, so we are having fun with Averi and loving her sweetness this week.  Averi is blind, autistic and has selective mutism, so she doesn't talk to me, which can be very challenging.  She does talk to her mother...all the time, just like any other teenage girl.  But, her mom is about the only one she talks to. She's very intelligent, in fact she's considered a savant, because she is so good with numbers. 

Averi has her special "children" that she carries with her all the time.  She also has an iphone, and she knows how to use it.  It's a touch screen, but she can find anything she wants on it.  It doesn't dial or connect to the internet, but her mom has downloaded videos and movies she likes, so she can find them and listen to them whenever she wants to. Averi is simply amazing and we just love and adore her.  She is a very special girl and we're so grateful that she's with us this week.  




So that's what's happening in my life today...I hope you are doing well!  

Be safe, and as they say in February, rabbit, rabbit! XOXO

Hugs and Love,
Barb


 

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. So glad you are feeling better. I hope Bob's shoulder replacement goes well. How wonderful that you get to spend a week with that lovely, special granddaughter of yours. It's good to hear from you. Have a good week. :-)

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

I have been wondering about you, Barb. : ) I'm glad that you are doing much better and got through it. I love your new photo (so pretty) and the festive Valentine wallpaper. I, too, hope your husband does well the second time around! And have a wonderful time with your lovely granddaughter - what a blessing. : ) Take care and God bless.
Mary

Billie Jo said...

Hello! So glad to see you here, and that your surgery and recovery are behind you. I pray your husband's goes as well. Enjoy your lovely granddaughter. And I love your new photo! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Marie Rayner said...

Lovely photos of your sweet granddaughter Barb. So nice that you get to have her with you for a short while your daughter and son in law have a break. I am sure it will be a time filled with many special moments. I am happy to read that both you and Bob are feeling a lot better. Prayers have been answered. May it continue and may Bob's next operation go well. Love and hugs, xoxo

Kerin said...

So nice to read that you are feeling great now!
Also, nice to know that your hubby is also doing great, and here's 'good luck' wishes for a speedy recovery from his second shoulder surgery once he gets it!
Avery is an angel and I'm so happy for her to have special time with you both as her parents have a nice vacation and recharge their batteries.
Warm wishes..
~K.

Vee said...

Excellent report on health. Yay! The other shoulder...coming right up. Hope this one goes even better than the last one. At least, you know the ropes. I did not know that Averi doesn't speak with you, yet she must feel comfortable with you to be able to stay. I know that you enjoy having her!

LeAnn said...

Thank you for this awesome post. I love that you are sharing about our Averi girl. She is a precious gift to all of us. I envy that you are near her and I think you for sharing this dearest granddaughter with me.
I was very excited that James and Amber were able go.
We will be praying for Bob to have a great recovery for his shoulder surgery. Roger can relate. He probably needs to get his done too.
I do love that you are both feeling better.
Sending lots of love and hugs your way and prayers too!

Christine said...

Hello my friend,
Please accept my apologies for being so late to read this post. I am so glad to hear that you and your husband are feeling so much better. I truly hope all went well with his shoulder and wish him a speedy recovery.
Averi sounds indeed, a very special young lady. I think God brings these exceptional souls into our lives to teach us about love and so much more. I say this because my grand-daughter has autism, but like Averi, she is SO smart and brings such joy. I hope you had a wonderful time with her.
God Bless,
Christine

Great-Granny Grandma said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better, Barb, and breathing better too, and now praying Bob's surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery.
Have a great visit with Averi
P.S. Love your new picture.

Juan said...

Hello everyone! I write this article to appreciate the good work of DR OGALA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR OGALA. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend?  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR OGALA should contact him via E-mail: ogalasolutiontemple@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via WhatsApp +2349123794867

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...