Tuesday, February 22, 2022

This and That on Tuesday . . .

Hello!  We finally got a few inches of snow last night!  I was really excited to see it, we need snow, especially in the mountains.  I heard on the news last night that here, in the Western United States, we are experiencing the worst drought in 1200 years.  I could hardly believe what I was hearing, but Bob looked it up, and it's true!  We really need some snow and rain this Spring, or we will be in real trouble.  

When I talk to people about snow, someone always says that they would love it if it would only snow in the mountains, and not in the valley.  We do need snow in the mountains, but we also need snow in the valleys.  We need to have major snow or rain to help fill the aquifer, that's how we get our water.  I'm ready for some warm weather and birds singing in my trees, but we really need more snow, unfortunately it's not in the forecast.  


I've been listening to a lot of records while we have been recuperating...I love the sound of vinyl!  It just makes me happy when I put the needle on the record and it sings to me...heaven!

A few weeks ago, my granddaughter and her boyfriend came and had dinner with us, it was so fun, they are such a cute couple.  Braedon, Taylor's boyfriend, loves vinyl as much as I do, and he loves old music, we had really fun playing some of the oldies.  He is also a magician, and a good one too!  He had me fooled every time, and I was sitting right next to him...how'd he do that?!  Anyway, it was very fun, it was especially fun just have them in my home, have good conversation, laugh a lot, and eat good food.  They made an apple pie and brought it for dessert, it was delicious!  Tay sent me this cute selfie of her and Braedon...and the pie, very sweet ;0)


I thought I would give you a quick update and let let you know how we're doing.  We are both on the mend.  I'm finally feeling like I can breath, the vertigo is gone and I feel really good.  Bob had his left shoulder replaced on the 9th of February, and he is recovering...slowly.  I think he was a little surprised because his first shoulder replacement was so easy, and this one has been very painful, but it seems to get a little better each day.  We went to the doctor this morning.  Bob is right on track and will start physical therapy on Friday!

Be safe, XOXO

Hugs and Love,
Barb



12 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend. Glad to hear you are on the mend. And that you had a nice visit with your granddaughter and her boyfriend. They look adorable! Apple pie makes everything better, right? We have a record player too, and I love it also. Isn't it funny how things come back around?? Have a cozy evening. Praying for snow for you!

Vee said...

Lost my comment. It was a good one. Hope that everyone continues to feel better and that the snow comes.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. Yes, we desperately need more snow here in Utah too. We got a little more snow yesterday and last night, but we need more. So glad that you are and Bob are finally on the mend. I hope his shoulder gets better every day, and that your recovery also continues. That is such a cute picture of your granddaughter and her boyfriend. Sounds like you had a nice visit with them. We got rid of all our vinyl records years back, but my husband recently found a Bose sound system so we could listen to our CDs. Good to see you back in blogland. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon.

Marsha said...

Barb.....I love it when you blog. I haven't blogged for so long that even if I tried I probably wouldn't even remember how.
Sounds like a great time with your granddaughter and her boyfriend. Family is just the bestest!
Sorry to hear about you and Bob and your health issues. Glad you both are on the mend! My husband and I have sure had our share of health issues since September. But, with many prayers and blessings, I think we are finally getting back on track.
Hugs to you, my friend - Marsha

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Hi Barb - glad you got the much needed snow!!!! There are areas all across the country who desperately need moisture in any form - snow or rain. And I'm so glad the two of you are on the mend. I think that's why we hesitate in having anything done - it takes a while to finally get back to "normal". God bless you and your family as you keep on going through the week!!!!
Mary

Lorrie said...

I am glad to read that you are on the mend and feeling better. How lovely to have a visit with your granddaughter and her boyfriend. I hope you get the snow that's so very much needed.

Joyful said...

Hello, your snowy scenes look so pretty. I hope you get more snow even if it isn't in the forecast so you can and others can get enough water. I'm glad to hear you and your husband are on the mend and that you have a wonderful visit with family.

Kerin said...

Sweet Grand and friend, pie, and record music?! Life is great!
Happy to know that you and your hubby are on the mend.

Have a wonderful rest of your week, take care of you and husband and enjoy those sweet memory making days :)

~K.

LeAnn said...

Hi dearest friend,
I am happy to hear that Bob and you are doing better. We pray for you. I do pray Bob's physical therapy goes well. I remember the pain Roger had with his shoulder and he probably needs his other one done too.
We do need the snow and it is worrisome for sure.
I love that Taylor Jo and Braiden; they are such a cute couple. I think he is a lot of fun. We enjoyed our moments with them when they were here. What a blessing of grandchildren that we share.
Wow, my blogging has gone downhill. I need to step it up a bit.
Prayers, blessings and hugs for you two!

Cindy said...

Glad to hear you're both doing better. What a fun visit from Taylor and Braedon. I love vinyls too and have a nice collection. Unfortunately my turn table broke a few years ago and I haven't replaced it yet. One of these days...

Juan said...

Hello everyone! I write this article to appreciate the good work of DR OGALA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR OGALA. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend?  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR OGALA should contact him via E-mail: ogalasolutiontemple@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via WhatsApp +2349123794867

chavi said...

Are you wondering where you could get the amazing stunning stylish shirts for men online .
Then This is for you, check out Tistabene- the online shopping portal where you would find best quality shirts at best of price
SHOP NOW!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...