Friday, September 17, 2021

My Daybook . . .

Hello!  Welcome to my Daybook!  It's been a few weeks since I posted, and it's time to write and read.  I pray that I will find you well, happy and enjoying the beautiful Autumn weather.  

What I'm listening to . . . Eva Cassidy.  Because I love jazz and Autumn . . .


Outside my window . . . On Wednesday we decided to get out of the house, this is where we ended up.  I didn't take many pictures, but I did take pictures of these weird clouds.  I love clouds.  



Of course my sunflowers.  They have really been so pretty this year! 



 The skies have been very smoky, but today, you can actually see blue skies.   But when this photo was taken a few weeks ago, the air quality was so bad that you couldn't see the big mountains in this photo.  In fact,  there have been a few days that I didn't even go outside.  Hopefully with wet weather and snow, it will clear up.  Yes, I did say snow, there is actually snow in the forecast.  Not for my area, but where the fires are, and it's not too far from us!


The learning room . . .Yesterday I had a very awkward experience.  I had been in the basement doing laundry, and when I came upstairs, I went to shut the front door and I noticed two pizzas on the front step.  I have been feeling a little under the weather lately and a friend of mine told me she wanted to bring dinner to us.  I told her she was a sweetheart, but we didn't really need it and left it at that.  Anyway, I brought the pizza in an was getting ready to call my friend when someone started banging on my front door.   When I went to the door there was a very anxious woman wondering where the pizza was.  It was Door Dash, and she had delivered the pizza to the wrong house.  She had my neighbor on the phone and was apologizing that I had taken the pizza into my home.  The neighbor told her that she would just gift us the pizza...which I didn't want...but she didn't want it after I had opened it...I get it.  The Door Dash lady kept her on the phone and told me that I should do something really nice for the neighbor because the gourmet pizza place where she had ordered the pizza through was really expensive and that she had given her a very nice tip.  By this time I was really frustrated and quite frankly just didn't think through what the lady was saying.  She went on and on about how I should do something really nice for my neighbor, and the whole time the neighbor was on the phone, probably as befuddled as I was.  As she was leaving she told me that I needed to put numbers on my house so that she could have found the right house (there are numbers on a post...by the road) because she got confused and didn't know which house it was.  My husband took 50.00 to the neighbor and apologized for any inconvenience.  The neighbor was nice and didn't want it, but Bob gave it to her anyway.

The more I think about it, the madder I get.  I should have given the cold pizza to the lady (which was cold by the time I found it), and told her it wasn't my problem, and that she had was the one who needed to make it right with the neighbor, not me.  I am thinking about calling Door Dash tomorrow when I have settled down.  I guess hind sight is 20-20.  What would you do?  

I'm thankful for . . .  Beautiful friends, who are so kind and thoughtful.  I love mums and this time of year, they look so pretty!  I just love them, and I love her!


From my kitchen . . . I haven't felt much like cooking the last few weeks, but I did make two wonderful loaves of, chocolate zucchini bread.  It's a recipe from a cookbook I got for Christmas a few years ago, and it's delicious.


CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD


I'm creating . . . I'm still working on my crochet pumpkins.  I just need to glue in a stem, and put a few little embellishments on them.  Of course I made too many, but that's just how I roll!  They'll make fun gifts!  I also have some cute white and light green pumpkins that didn't make it in the photo.


Sunsets . . . I love my Idaho sunsets!



Just sayin' . . . 


Have a wonderful week-end dear friends and be safe. XOXO

Hugs and Love,
Barb



7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello, Dear Friend.
Thank you for the recipe! It sounds and looks delicious! That whole pizza situation makes MY head hurt! I cannot imagine you having to deal with it! Have a cozy evening and a nice weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb. I was gifted two big zucchinis from another teacher at school, so I just may give that recipe a try. Yes, that pizza situation was awkward - and to the think the Doordash driver was mad at YOU. You were kind to pay your neighbor, but yes, I think I would give Doordash a call. My son often orders dinner through Doodash and many of the drivers have a hard time finding our home, but he said that he has never had that happen to him. It's been smokey down here again toon. Beautiful sunset pictures. Hope you have a nice weekend.

LeAnn said...

I loved your blog post today. It was a great update. I know what you mean about not being able to see the mountains. The air is slightly better here, but I wish it would clear up. My darn cough has been awful. I'm so tried of it.
I loved all your fun photos. Your pumpkins are adorable. You are so creative. I used to relax and crochet, but haven't in a long time.
I see how much your friends love you. The mums are beautiful too. We haven't planted a flower or anything this year. Roger hasn't had a moment to breathe.
Sorry about your Door Dash Pizza. That was a very frustrating moment. I would probably be concerned too. It was a costly mistake for sure that you shouldn't have to pay for.
I do love your sunset photos and the clouds. You take such great photos.
Roger and I are actually taking a short four day trip. It will be the first in a very long time. I will share it later.
Miss and love you guys. Big hugs!

Homemaker'sThoughts.blogspot.com said...

Loved your post, Barb. Everything from music, to beautiful photos, baking, and crafting!!! It's so fun to hear about what you are up to in Idaho! I do hope you get some relief from the fires out that way. We, here in MN, are finally seeing blue skies too and it makes everything feel clean again. And, then the pizza......what an odd experience. I would definitely call Door Dash and tell them about it. This whole thing should be on them not you. I keep wondering if your neighbor has called them too? You were very generous in how you handled it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead, Barb!!
God bless,
Mary

Vee said...

Oh I'd love those sunsets as well. I'll just have to enjoy yours.

Since you asked, yes, Doordash would definitely receive a call from me. They don't need a driver
behaving that way with the customers. Perhaps, a head's up would be all she needs to get her act
in gear. Number # rule: The customer is not to blame and the one who is not even the customer is
definitely not to blame.

Hope that you are soon feeling much better.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful photos--especially the sunsets.
What a crazy pizza experience. Seems the Doordash person should have rung your bell to make sure she was delivering to the right person if she wasn't sure about the house number.
Feel better soon.

Veronica Lee said...

A delightful post, Barb.

I enjoyed all your photos.

Love those cute crochet pumpkins.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...