Saturday, January 5, 2019

My Daybook...


 Today . . . January 5, 2019

Looking out my window . . . Well, right now it's dark, the only light is the porch light and the reflection of it on the snow. When the skies are blue here in Idaho...in January, you know that it's very cold!  I'll be glad when it warms up a little.  I love winter, I love the change of seasons, but I don't do very good without being in the sunshine, and it's just too cold to spend too much time in it!  I take plenty of vitamin D3, but probably need to invest in a sun lamp.

What am I thinking . . . I'm thinking that I need to refresh some of the colors in my home.  My daughter gave me paint for Christmas...and the promise of help to put it on my bedroom walls... :0)  I loved her unique gift!   It's hard to buy gifts for parents and I so appreciated her willingness to help.  I lean toward warm colors, I love to feel cozy in my space, and I don't really care about what it popular and what is not, I like what I like.  There are some things I need to update, simply because my things are old, but really, I usually always color outside the lines, and don't fall for trends.  What do you think about keeping up with the trendy colors of today? 

I'm thankful for . . . I know this will sound harsh, but I am thankful to have the holidays over with,  I think that I may be the original, Scrooge.  I'm always ready for January, for a new beginning, a new year.  January always makes me want to deep clean my house from top to bottom, and reorganize all those things that are so out of place.  My creative juices start to flow in January, and I'm ready to create...something!  I'll let you know what that is when I do it!  I'm not really one for new year resolutions, but I really love that January is a time to make good positive changes, that will last through the year, and hopefully become habit.

Something I love . . . I love sitting with my sweetheart watching a movie or just resting.  I think we were all taking a nap - you can see my feet, my husbands feet and Cole's little toes peeking out from under my recliner, his favorite place to take a nap.  I think this was the day after Christmas, and we were all exhausted.  I think it's so funny that I hate shoes, and Bob never takes his boots off until time for bed!


I'm wearing . . . Jeans, a light denim shirt and fuzzy warm socks...I'm almost ready to put on my PJ's and my robe!

Creativity . . .  I have so many projects that I need to work on!  I bought new fabric a few months ago to make some cute curtains for my kitchen...it's still in the bag, I need to work on that.  When my sisters and I were cleaning out my mother's things, we found boxes and boxes of fabric.  We thought it would be a fun thing to make quilts for our children with them.  She had also saved the dresses that she wore for each of our weddings...I loved that.  We thought we could incorporated them in the quilts as well.  It will be a time consuming project, but one that our kids will hopefully cherish. 

I'm reading . . .  I'm not reading anything right now...but I would love to find a good book to lose myself in each night, any suggestions?

What am I listening to . . .  I love to listen to music, especially when I am at the computer.  Right now I'm listening to, Michael McDonald's rendition of "Hallelujah"...love his voice!  I'm kind of a jazzy, soul kind of girl.





I am hoping . . . Last month was a month of doctor appointments, blood tests and prescriptions.  I'm hoping that I finally have some health issues under control.  Only time will tell, but, so far so good!

What's cooking . . .  My children like to celebrate Christmas Eve at my house.  So this Christmas Eve, we had ham with all the trimmings.  For dessert I made cinnamon rolls, a favorite at our house!  These are so easy and gooey and delicious!  I took this photo as I put them in the warm oven to raise!  I'll post the recipe on my next post...They are super easy and so good!


Just sayin' . . .

I love this quote...so many good things to love about all the people I have lost in my life.   I think it's good to try to be the best you can be...everyday. 



Until next time...be safe!

Hugs and Love,
Barb



10 comments:

Cindy said...

Those cinnamon rolls looks really good! Our tradition is cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning but mine are store bought. :) And your fuzzy socks, I live in mine! At least when I'm at home. I'd wear them at work if they'd let me!

Vee said...

That parting thought is a tall order! Great gift from your daughter. I’m with you on colors...I like what I like and pay little attention to trendy. Not with you about being glad that this is the final day of Christmas. I always hate to see it go...still have my tree even for this last day and evening.

Saimi said...

What a beautiful setting in your snowy picture scape, so pretty! I've been in Idaho and no first hand how cold a beautiful sunny day can be haha! I'm definitely a shoe person, or slipper. I need something on my feet at all times and I welcome warm fuzzy socks too!! Your Cinnamon rolls look amazing I look forward to the recipe. I love to bake bread but never made homemade cinnamon rolls, only the pop up ones that comes with the frosting. As far as decorating my house and the paint, I'm like you, its all about what I like I'm not about staying trendy and if we ever move ( which we won't ) the new owners can make their own changes. I like what makes me feel comfortable. My Christmas decorations are all taken down and stored away for another year. I love when the house is ready for Christmas but when its over I like to get things back and cleaned up.
Happy New Year!!!
Saimi

Christine said...

WOW! What a great gift from your daughter! Paint is a great idea but to help paint...that's a blessing.

I'm with you about putting Christmas away and getting on with the New Year. Our darling tree came down the day after Christmas. I think I even got the boxes out Christmas Day evening!

My best friend lost her son on Christmas Eve (it was a total surprise!). I'm going to pass on your quote as soon as the "sting" has gone

Anonymous said...

Sweet Barb, what a beautiful quote. Words to live by!! I hope you enjoy a few warm days to soak up the sun's rays. I don't like to wear shoes either! Those cinnamon rolls look so delicious. I haven't made them in years and I Want/NEED one of yours! xo

Marsha said...

Barb - I could actually say ditto to this blog. Most of it is SO ME....with the exception of making cinnamon rolls (can't remember the last time I made them...looking forward to your recipe) and dr. appointments. It's been nice that I haven't had to visit the doctors for a bit (shhhh, I didn't say that).
And the quote, Loved It!
Take care, my Idaho friend - Marsha

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful post.

And HURRY! POST THE RECIPE!!!! Yum those are beautiful.
It sounds like you had a busy Christmas and have a handle on the New Year.

I look forward to seeing that quilt project.

I haven't taken my tree down. I was hit with the flu but that is the task for tomorrow. It's time.

I hope you have a lovely week.

Billie Jo said...

Oh Barb!
I love that quote!!!
I will copy it down and refer to it often.
You and I are so much alike, my friend.
I also love the fresh new start to the new year, as well as cozy naps and movies in jammies.
I am happy your Christmas was happy, and I await the recipe for your yummy cinnamon rolls!
Hugs from balmy Pennsylvania!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Barb! Happy New Year to you! I am glad you had a nice holiday. HAving your daughter help you pain seems like the perfect gift. Hope you have a great start to the new year.

Jill said...

I'm the same, don't like to have anything on my feet :-) That quote is one of my favorites! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Blessings,
Jill

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...