Saturday, November 17, 2018

Thankful . . .

November is truly a month for, gratitude, and I have so much to be grateful for!

I had a birthday in November, and someone asked me if I was 29 again...I told them, NO!  I wouldn't even want to be 29 again!  I'm 63 years old, and not embarrassed or ashamed to tell anyone.  I actually like my birthdays, it's a reminder that I made it another year!!  Yes, getting older has it's challenges, but it also gives me so many opportunities to do good things and serve others.

I'm grateful every month for all the wonderful blessings that I receive, but there is something about November, probably Thanksgiving, that really makes me count my blessings.

Like . . . 


A little grands birthday, and the excitement on his face when it's time to blow out the candle...there were five of them this year...


and these two little grands that just love each other, and love to be together!


The knowledge that I will be with my parents again.  To know that this life is not the end, there is way more to come!


That the storms in life never stop, and they don't get any easier, but, it's up to us to make our lives what we want them to be.  It's up to us to turn to Him, to ask for help and assurance when things get hard.  There is just so much tragedy and sadness in the world, sometimes the only thing I can do is pray for all those who need help.


I love this beautiful picture that my husband gave me for my birthday.  It's a good reminder that our example is, Christ.  I love how He is smiling in in this painting, it's really the simple things in life that make us happy, like . . .


visits from my husbands brother and his wife, with their arms full of flowers...and chocolate!





And at the end of the day...He colors the sky with gorgeous colors to make us smile and know that I we are loved.  


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~


Be safe . . . XOXO

Hugs and Love,
Barb

6 comments:

Saimi said...

I'm like you Barb, I don't mind aging and grateful I get to wake to a new day. Happy belated Birthday by the way, your husband gave you a wonderful gift, I love that painting! Your grandkids are so adorable, you are lucky to have them so close to you. This really is a great time of year to reflect on our blessings and those sunsets know how to sum up a day!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!
Hugs
X0
Saimi

Vee said...

What a beautiful post. Your heart is full of gratitude even with a recent loss. Happy Belated Birthday, my friend. BTW, you are just a youngster. 😉

LeAnn said...

I love this lovely post. I loved reading the things you are grateful for. I love your warm giving and thankful heart. I especially love that we are true sister friends. I love that we share our famliy. Now 63 is so young. I turn 73 which I don’t mind telling others my age either. I’m grateful for my wonderful life.
All your grands are so precious. I especially love the three we share. So grateful for your awesome daughter that always brighens my day. I wish she was close because she always makes us laugh and smile. She is the cutest!
Yes, I am grateful to know that I will see my parents and brothers someday soon.
You do capture the perfect Sunsets! I really love that picture of the Savior. I was pointing that one out to Roger just recently. I love the Saviors smile too.
I love you dearest friend and wish for you a fantastic Thanksgiving celebration. Love you two~

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful post Barb. Happy Birthday. I love our attitude about birthdays.

Your photos are beautiful as are your thoughts.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Christine said...

I pray that you will find JOY this Thanksgiving with your family.
(those kidos are precious!)

Marsha said...

Thanks for the beautiful post. It made me stop and think of the things the things I am truly blessed with and the gratitude that I need to stop and thank the Lord for, daily!

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...