Tuesday, October 30, 2018

At Peace . . .


My Beautiful mother passed from this life to the next, on October 21, 2018, and was peacefully laid to rest on October 27, 2018.  She was reunited with my father, who passed away, 34 years ago on, October 31, 1984 . . . she was 90 years old.  She was a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, grandmother, sister, aunt, cousin and friend. The last few weeks of her life were difficult and hard, but I believe that going through this struggle with her made it easier for us to let her go. It was truly a blessing, but it still hurts.

I will miss seeing and spending time with my sweet mom, I will miss holding her hand and kissing her cheek.  But most of all I will miss her voice, and her touch.  My heart is still very tender and aching, but at least I know she is finally home.









Thank you for all of the love and prayers extended to me during this very difficult time...love you all.

Hugs and Love,
Barb



9 comments:

Vee said...

Just tiptoed out as it felt like Holy Ground here. Gosh, your parents were such a great-looking couple...your dad so handsome and your mom so beautiful. I know how concerned you have been for her in these past months and so there is comfort in knowing her journey on this earth has ended and she is safely home. A certain relief... And, yet, you know all that you have lost. The Lord will be very close right in the midst of the hurting. Sending love all the way to Idaho.

Kerin said...

Sending love and prayers your way.
What an amazing woman and a beautiful legacy of love and faith. Your parents led by example and what a blessing to have such wonderful parents.
I remember what Pres. Hinckley said when his sweetheart passed away... that it's ok to miss them in the meantime.
Happy reunion for your parents; you will miss them in the meantime.

{{hugs}}
~K.

Gina said...

Sweet Barb, I am so sorry for your loss. Your mother was/is so beautiful. I can see the resemblance. I pray that God will surround you with His comfort and peace. And one day, you will see your mother again and won't that be a joyous day!

PS I think you meant 2018 not 2019 in your post. xo

Billie Jo said...

Dearest Friend...
Please accept my love and prayers.
What a beautiful woman and wonderful tribute to a life well lived.
I am sorry for your loss.

Cindy said...

Oh Barb I'm so sorry for your loss. This was a beautiful tribute to your mom.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I am so sorry. It doesn't matter how old, it is still a loss and a void. Your family will be in our prayers. Hugs and love.

LeAnn said...

Oh, my sweet friend, I'm so sad about your Mom. I met her a couple of times and thought she was a very fun Mom. It is so difficult to lose your Mom and I know that. I lost my Mom at age 90 years old too. I often just want to be able to call her on the phone.
It's hard to watch them go through the process of leaving. I do feel they are very near; closer than we think. May you know my heart aches for you and your family. Sending lots of prayers still, love and hugs your way! Hope we get to see you soon for some hugs!!

Saimi said...

Oh Barb, how did I miss this post? I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm pretty sure we are never really prepared to lose our parents or family members for that matter even if we know its time. Prayers for you and your family Barb, I truly am sorry but happy for your dad....
Love you
Saimi

Christine said...

The loss of a parent is difficult. Your mother must of been very special, to miss her the way you do. Good memories.
Prayers for you at this hard time.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...