Friday, February 16, 2018

L.O.V.E. . .

We spent Valentine's Day with the people we love!  On Tuesday, we took this cute little headband to Clara,  my sweet little granddaughter, so that she could wear it on Valentine's Day.  I had fun crocheting it for her, it was super easy and looked adorable on her.


Such a pretty girl!


Then on Valentine's Day, we headed to to my grandson's, Grandparent's Valentine's Day party.  It was so much fun.  His teacher always has a Valentine's Day party with her class.  Last year she was Clara's kindergarten teacher, so we did the same thing with her.  She always has fun treats and games for the kids and their grandparents or parents.  I love living close enough to them that I can attend these special parties.  I hope they know how much they are loved!

This is my handsome Caleb, making a picture frame for the picture that they took of us together - I don't have the picture!  It was fun, they had us dress up, so I had on a mustache...me and Bob looked alike...well, kinda!  


Just a sweet side-note.  Caleb's teacher's grandmother, was my children's 4th grade teacher.  She is also a cousin to both me and my husband, Bob.  Bob and I both share a grandfather with her, one on Bob's side and one on mine...wow, it's a small world here in Idaho!  I'll share the whole story another time, it's very interesting.

After the party, we headed back to my daughter's house with a car full of  my other Valentine grands.  Emily, gave us this cute Valentine's rock that she made... we love it!  Of course we got cute Valentine's cards and candy from the other kids, what a fun day!


Bob had ordered a present for me, but we missed the FedEx guy, I hate it when that happens!  So, we headed to the FedEx place to pick it up, at 5:30, right during rush hour, my least favorite time to be on the road.  But it was worth it...look at these gorgeous roses!  They are, Everlasting Roses, packaged in a beautiful black velvet hat box, they're suppose to last a year.  No water, just a little dusting...I thought that maybe they were artificial, but they definitely smell and feel like roses.  

On our way home we stopped at Domino's for a pizza, came home and watched the, Olympics.  Perfect ending to a very perfect day!  

I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with love!



Hugs and Love,
         Barb




10 comments:

Vee said...

The roses are amazing! I have never heard of such a rose...unique presentation, too.

Clara does look darling in her Valentine headband~fascinator.

Billie Jo said...

Oh my, Barb!
Your day was filled with all the love!!
Your headband is so lovely, and looked precious on your little granddaughter.
And the roses?!?!?
I have never seen or heard of them!
So amazing.
I will have to show them to Steve. ; )
Have a cozy weekend, my sweet friend.

LeAnn said...

Loved reading about your sweet Valentines Day precious moments. You are so blessed to be near your Grandchildren, I do miss that. I feel blessed to now have our Jenni and family here.
I loved the crocheted headband; so cute and looked adorable on Clara. The class party sounded like a great one and I think your connections are wonderful. You must share the connection story.
The Roses are so lovely; what a unique gift of flowers. I like the ending of your day.
Roger and I had an unusual day but ended up babysitting so Michael and Jenni could have some time together before he has to leave again. We had fun watching a movie with the kids and having Valentine treats. It was the best!
Sending warm thoughts and love our way!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Barb, your Valentine's Day sounds like a wonderful day! The roses are amazing and so beautifully done. Your little granddaughter looks so sweet with her pretty new headband. Have a nice weekend! xx Cheryl

Marie Rayner said...

What sweet little Valentines. You are so blessed to live so near your grands! I had never heard of everlasting roses. Those are gorgeous! Love the pretty hairband you made your granddaughter. Great job! We had pizza too! I am a cheap date! Love and hugs! xoxo

Cindy said...

Those roses are gorgeous! And your Willow Tree figurines are adorable. Chuck and I ended up going to a Valentines Dinner at our church with games and prime rib and amazing desserts, there were over 200 people there! A very fun evening.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow! I have never heard of roses like that. Amazing. And beautiful. Adorable grands. Love the headband.

Shug said...

Oh my goodness.....what a sweet and thoughtful gift from your love. I've never seen these before, but wow...an amazing gift. You have some beautiful grandchildren.....and don't you just love getting to spend special times with them like this. How interesting it must be to have all that family connection with the teacher. This is a must tell story! Hope the rest of your week is just as amazing as you are.... hugs.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Day! Loved reading about all that love! Enjoy the rest of the month.

Saimi said...

What a lovely Valentines day you had. Man your little Grand daughter looks so cute sporting her darling headband you made, such a lucky girl to have a talented grandma! Caleb sure is a handsome young man, and wow it is a small world in Idaho, but then It seems anymore, anyone you meet seems to have a connection with someone you know these days. I find that out all the time. I can't wait to hear the full story.
Glad you had such a wonderful day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend Barb!
Saimi

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...