Wednesday, November 30, 2016

River Trip - 2016 . . .

Another river trip under our belt!  We were gone from the end of October until the middle of November, it was really hard to say good-bye, but I was ready to come home . . . sort of. . . ;0)  It is always so amazing to be on the river, we love it, and who would not love to see such beauty every day.


Almost every morning we would wake up to a foggy world, it was like a fairy land.



And then the sun would come out and change the landscape into a bright sunny world. 






The weather was just beautiful, sunny and warm almost every day.  We had a few days that the fishing wasn't good because of a few days of rain, but we filled them with horseshoes and relaxation.


They look pretty serious don't they?!


I'm not sure these two liked having their pictures taken . . . what do you think?  These boys really were having fun!


Back on the river . . . father and son . . . what a pair!


One day a friend of Mikes, came fishing with his boys.  This is what it looks like when you catch a big fish!

We didn't see as many sheep as we did last year, but there were always elk!  We could always count on getting a perfect shot of them...with the camera!



  
This Magpie just went from one fat little rump to the next, but it didn't seem to bother them!
 


Such a regal beauties!  I love watching these beautiful animals, they are just gorgeous!


On the hill right above our camp we could count on seeing deer . . . this one was a beauty.  He does look a little rough around the edges, but he lived through hunting season, so he's a tough one!


This little mama would bring her baby across every day, so sweet.


If you look in the very top, right hand corner, you will see two sheep, trying to escape my camera.  They were pretty elusive this year, I was lucky to even get this shot!  I thought I missed them, until I looked at the photo later, I guess I got lucky!

More photos of the beauty that surrounded us.


Cove Creek, it's always just gorgeous here.


This was such a pretty little campground that we stopped at for lunch one day.
 


The fall colors were just about at their end, I couldn't resist taking pictures of the beautiful colors before they were gone!

Enough for one post  . . . much more to come.

XOXO,
Barb

P.S.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Wow! Such gorgeous photos from your river trip! Now I understand why it is so hard to say goodbye for you. I love the foggy images and the fall colours!

Vee said...

Goodness! I would have a hard time leaving all that beauty. It is so wonderful that you were able to enjoy an extended period of time on the river, in the mountains where it is beautiful beyond words.

Marsha said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! The photo where the trees look a brilliant white was like "wow"! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Billie Jo said...

Barb!
Welcome home!
And thank you for sharing those beautiful photos!!!
Oh my...
Have a cozy day!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...