Thursday, August 2, 2012

Catch a Falling Star . . .

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Today we finally got a break from the upper 90 degree weather.  On Tuesday, it was 100 degrees on my outside thermometer!  Tonight, it is a very comfortable 70 degrees . . . and oh, what a beautiful full moon!

 I am thinking... That it has been a long time since my last post . . . it's been a busy summer!

I am thankful for... Can I even count my blessings?!

From the learning rooms... "I can do hard things". . . nuf said!

From the kitchen... Well, I am going to be trying this chicken recipe.  My daughter tried it and said it was absolutely wonderful!

I am wearing... denim capris, a pink polo shirt and  . . . barefoot . . . of course!

I am creating... I am bound and determined to sew tomorrow!  I'm going to make myself a top . . . I even have the fabric!

I am going... To go get my hair cut in the morning.  Isn't it the most wonderful feeling,  to get a haircut?!

I am reading... Well, I'm on the 5th and final book of, Leven Thumps.  It is TOTAL fantasy (my  husband thinks it's crazy!)  but I love it!  It is written by a local man in our area, who's pen name is, Obert Skye.  It's a very fun book, and I have enjoyed it emensly!

I am hoping... That we can get some rain.  We have had such dry weather and so many fires this year.  This is a picture of a fire that was too close for comfort, even though it was miles away!



No homes were lost, and nobody was hurt, so I can safely say that those smoky skies really do make beautiful sunsets!

I am hearing... Bucky Covington singing, American Friday Night, and the sound of wind blowing through the trees outside the window.

Around the house... Well, as I walk around my house, I'm missing my grandchildren tonight- they just went home today after staying with me for the last week!

I'm  missing their chatter, bumping into them in the kitchen, winking at them, giving them hugs, kissing them goodnight, and listening to goodnight prayers.  We had a great time, and I learned so much about them . . . all good! 

One of my favorite things... Letting my grandkids take pictures!

 Taylor Jo cuddling with Scout and Bandit . . . 

 Cole . . . 

 Averi, with her beloved "Santa" . . . 

The cutest toes in town . . . 

 Petunias . . . 

Bandit, rolling in the grass.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Haircut tomorrow
Cleaning on Saturday
Church on sunday . . .

Here is a thought I am sharing...  Averi is so excited to be turning 10 this month - oh my how time flies!!  All she wants for her birthday is a star to put  in her pocket! I don't know that she will ever be able to see the stars . . . but it's sure nice to dream!

(Don't forget to turn off my music...)





 Star light, star bright.... 
first star I see tonight...
I wish I may... 
I wish I might...
have the wish I wish tonight... 
Never stop dreaming!


Hugs,

 



More wonderful blogs here :  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/



13 comments:

Kerin said...

Good Morning Barb!
So good to read your blog this morning!
You have been so busy this summer.
It's hard to imagine that summer is fading, the kids will all be back in school soon.

You and I are kindred spirits! I too spend most my days barefoot. I wear flip flops if I need to .... but only if I need to~~~LOL!

Thanks for sharing this little glimps of your day.

Hope your grand has a wonderful birthday!!

Have a great weekend, my friend.

Smiles :)
Kerin

Vee said...

Ten?! I remember my joy at being a ten-year-old. May Averi's wish and prayer come true.

Oh I'll have to remember this giving of the camera to the grands...they are not quite at ages where I trust them yet...maybe a kid camera first. =D

It's always a pleasure to read one of these posts because I can almost see you as you putter about. Hope that you get to your sewing room and whip up a great top for yourself.

Anonymous said...

I still say - Oh, I wish, I wish upon a star".. still saying thoses words.. I gave my 10 year old grand son a camera and he was so thrilled and has taken such good care of it..but then it's only been a few weeks..but I am sure he will continue.. Love your photos..so cherry!Send your grands a note in the mail maybe that will help the feelings of missing them..
Hugs..

Unknown said...

The recipe sounds really good. I'm not eating meat right now, but I'll keep it in mind for later. I bet your grandkids are missing you too. It looks like blue skies today. This has really been a cool summer so far. I guess that's better than the drought that a good portion of the country is having. I keep telling myself I should do some sewing too. I haven't been doing anything crafty. I'm just totally focused on my diet. I'm always kind of laxy during the summer. I read a lot. Take care. Linda

The WIlloughby Family said...

I forget that there are so many things we take for granted....like stars! Made my tear up a little....

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

The pictures are beautiful.

It sounds like you have a busy few days ahead.
I hope you'll show us the top you sew. Sewing is so relaxing.

Marge said...

Isn't it just the saddest feeling when the kids go home? I can relate. Checked the recipe and copeied it. I'm gonna try it too! Thanks for sharing! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Barb, what a beautiful moon! And hooray for the cooler weather. It is very hot here again but we have had a bit of rain which we sorely needed. Blessings to you and yours. :)

Just Ramblin' said...

As I read about Averi, I couldn't help but think back many, many years ago when a dear friend of our family, blinded in a mining accident, described the beautiful autumn leaves and autumn we were enjoying. So if he can do that, Averi can surely reach for the stars and put one in her pocket. Such a sweet wish! I think children have a wonderful ability to snap just the right picture. My granddaughter took her father's phone outside and captured some awesome closeups of flowers growing in their yard. I'm glad you had this time with your grandchildren to make sweet memories. Loved your picture of the moon.
So good to see your daybook again. I really need to get back to doing it. Have a wonderful weekend. Nola

Shug said...

This is just the sweetest post...All about the goodness of life and the things that make you happy...I just love it! Cute puppies, precious girls, cute toenails....does it get any better than this...
I always enjoy my visit here...I would love to bring some of your 70 degree evenings back with me when I finish this comment...It is WARM here...
Hope your week is a GREAT one..
hugs,
shug

LeAnn said...

There you go again with a very sweet post. I just love your thoughts and always find them comforting. Of course some of them are about my grandchildren. I am so happy you share such fun pictures with me of our grandchildren also. Isn't sweet Averi just one of our greatest gifts. I love that she wants a star in her pocket. I loved your music today; and it brought some sweet feelings.
Blessings to you dear friend and hugs too.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Barb, I always love to find a new post from you to read! And I've enjoyed seeing your photos. I know you are busy this summer and isn't it just going by too fast?! I looked for the chicken recipe but didn't find it. You'll have to come back and tell us how you liked it! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Cheryl

Arlene said...

Hi Barb!

Sounds like your weather has improved a bit. We're still in the upper 80s and the humidity is really high. We've gotten lots of rain this summer, praise the Lord, we haven't had the issues of dryness or fires, but the heat has been unbearable most of the summer.

What a blessing to have spent a whole week with your grandkids! I bet those memories will be treasured by all parties involved!

I hope you take pictures of that top you're making once it's done. My mom taught all her girls to sew, but the only one that seems to have the real talent for it is my youngest sister. She's the gifted seamstress.

Have a wonderful week!

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...