Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday . . . This, That and the Other . . .

The other day my sister and I were talking about our blogs, and thought it would be fun to have themes for each day.  So, today, Thursday, it will be . . . Thursday, This, That and the Other.

I'm not sure what Karen will do for Thursday, you can check her blog out here , she has a beautiful blog, with lots of pretty ideas and lovely thoughts.  She's absolutely wonderful!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, finally -  a little windy, but just gorgeous!  I haven't painted my bench yet, but, I have decided to take everyone's advice.  I'm going to paint it a light, creamy yellow, and put a stencil on it, in a light brown color.  I haven't decided on the stencil, but I have several in mind.  Thank you for all your in-put, it was so helpful! I'll make sure to post pictures when I'm done.


Last year, me and my daughter made a Spring wreath for our front doors - they turned out so pretty!  I think of making wonderful memories every time I look at it!


And, I decided I would see if my fingers would work with my brain . . . I have always admired, Chief Joseph, so I wanted to draw his picture.  I need a little practice, but it was like riding a bike . . . I remembered how!


I will just leave you with one of my favorite quotes, from one of my favorite movies . . .
"No matter how dreary and gray our homes are, 
we people of flesh and blood would rather live there than in any other country, 
be it ever so beautiful. There is no place like home."
"The Wizard of Oz"

Hugs,

8 comments:

The Halls said...

That bench will be so adorable, I can't wait to see the finished product.
You did an amazing job on Chief Joseph, I am very impressed!! And I love the wreath... so cute and springy.
I have to agree with that quote, there really is no place like home.
Tell Chris we are so excited for him!!
Have a great day!
Love, Laura

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! You are sketching again! Wonderful!

Karen Beth said...

You have always had such a wonderful talent. The picture of Cheif Joseph is wonderful. I love the idea for your grandma bench. It will be lovely. My computer is still acting up so I will try again next week to have my blog up and going again. Love you.

Kimmie said...

Omygosh you are ever so talented~!

Unknown said...

I love the picture, you still have it. The wreath for your door was very cute. I like the double wreath affect. I think the bench will be really cute. Linda

Rhonda said...

Hi Barb,
I love the wreath, love your drawing of Chief Joseph...WOW! What a God-given talent and gift you have. Cannot wait to see your bench. Thanks for all the sweet comments! ;o)
Hugs!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Barb, you are so very talented. The sketch is very well done. Love the spring wreath you made with your daughter...how fun!

Have a good day!
Cheryl

Simply Heart And Home said...

Barbara,

I love those wreaths! However did you make them?

And your chief is very handsome.

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...