Thursday, January 21, 2010

Unidentified Beauty and Grace . . .



I was doing some genealogy work online, and I found this picture of my grandmother - she is the girl on the bottom, left hand side.  It was on a site that had unidentified pictures from a family in the small farming community that my grandmother was raised in and lived all of her life.  In this picture, my grandmother and the girl sitting next to my grandmother were identified, but the three beautiful girls in the back were not.   They apparently all came from the same small town - don't you think someone would know who these girls are?   For some reason it's very sad to me that no one knows them.  My grandmother would be well over 100 if she were alive today, so finding someone who would remember this photo would be next to impossible.   I guess that's why it's so important to keep good records and to write the names on the back of your photos with acid free ink.

I've never seen this picture before, but because of the web site that it came from, I'm sure that they have their facts straight - although, I would say that the girl on the right looks more like my grandmother, I will have to compare to other photos I have of my grandmother when she was young to this one.   When I talk about my grandmother in my blog, this is the grandmother I am talking about - I loved her so!  I was just taken back at how beautiful these girls are!  Such innocence and grace!

This picture easily exemplifies the purity and innocence that, in today's popular culture, has all too often faded into our past. . . Sweet dreams all.

Blessings,  



5 comments:

The Halls said...

That picture is beautiful. It is crazy that the girls in the back aren't identified. I love old pictures. Have a good weekend. Love, Laura

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What a lovely old picture!!!

The WIlloughby Family said...

This is great for geneology! I agree the woman on the right looks more like Grandma ( Iassume you are talking about GG Howard). That was my first thought and I was shocked when you said it was the woman on the left. Cool picture, thanks for sharing, I saved it so I can have it.

The Stewart said...

What a beautiful picture. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong time, I love things like this. What if things could be like they used to be? I wish they were sometimes!

Susan B said...

What a lovely picture! You're right, all the girls are beautiful. I love old photos. I have many old photos of when my grandmother was young. It's too bad they weren't able to identify all the girls.

Have a nice weekend!

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...