Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sunshine and Smiles . . .



Don't you just love it when it's cold out side and the sun is shining!  The sun was shining most of the day today, except for a few clouds that would sometimes cross paths with the sun and make it gloomy.  It was a perfect day  to play outside, so grandpa rousted the four-wheeler out from under it's warm cover and took Christian and Taylor Jo out for a spin on the sled.  What Joy!  I think they only fell off a few times, but giggled the whole time!




Averi really does not like the four-wheeler, so she stayed inside with me and played the piano, which she does amazingly well.  She played Carol of the Bells,  which was beautiful!  I love to hear her play.  It never ceases to amaze me how well she plays and has done for years.  She does not let the fact that she is blind stop her from doing what she wants to do.  



We have had such a fun week-end, it's a shame to have it come to an end, but, all good things must end at some point.  So, when their mom and dad come home, I will send them down the road - and tonight, when I am all tucked in and sound asleep, and I hear a little voice saying, "Grandma, I think I'm gonna puke!"  I'll know it's only a dream!

Blessings all,

5 comments:

The Stewart said...

How funny!! Too bad that little voice can't be a dream for me! What cute grandkids. Seriously, Averi never ceases to amaze me with the piano, and life in general. Awesome!

Karen Beth said...

I am so glad you had a great week-end with the kids. I remember going down to Tom and Jimmy Anderson's one crisp winter afternoon and they had an old hood to a car. They hooked it to their horse and we went around their pasture. It was surprising how fast the hood would fly around with that horse not trotting to fast. What fun. Averi is so amazing. Love you.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

So glad you had sun-fun too.

Mine was just sitting inside, so yours was much more healthy. But feeling the sun, in mid winter, is super, any way. :-)

Michelle said...

Oh they are so cute! I bet it was just so much fun getting to play with them lots this week! They are precious kids!

Anonymous said...

What a cute granddaughter! So glad you are getting some sunshine. It seems like it's been forever since we've seen any here. It's been so gloomy and foggy lately, I'm ready for spring! Thanks for coming over to my blog, hope to see you there again!

Cheryl @ thefarmersdaughter2.blogspot.com

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...