Friday, January 29, 2010

Random thoughts for Friday . . .

 
We have had a very foggy two days!  In the morning, everything is covered with a beautiful coating of white, fluffy frosting, it's so beautiful!  The sun is shining this morning, everything  sparkles like diamonds and life is good.

How is the 2 minute eye-to-eye going?  It's harder than I thought it would be.  We Just get stuck in a rut, saying and talking about the same things don't we.  I'm still working at it.  

My husband doesn't work on Friday, so this morning, I woke up to the smell of bacon, frying in the pan - what a nice thing to wake up to! 

My beautiful Averi

My daughter and her youngest daughter are coming over this morning for a visit.  I love it when I can spend one-on-one time with my kids and grandkids.  Averi is 7 years old and she is blind.  Her mother is taking her to a pre-school to talk about disabilities and how to treat others with disabilities.  She is in kindergarten, so I'm sure she will be missing that today - she loves school!  She is very precious and such a joy in my life. 

With such cold weather, my skin gets very dry, especially around my eyes - I have a really good eye and face cream that I make, it does wonders and it's easy:

Eye Cream
3 Tbls. organic if possible alovera gel, without fragrance or other additives
1 Tbls. organic safflower oil

Put it in a small bottle, or small container with a lid and give it a good shake, it will get creamy like a lotion.  Put it around your eyes, being careful not to get it in your eyes, (it stings a little, but won't hurt your eyes).  You can also use it on your face and it does not feel greasy.  This small amount will last a long time.  I just buy my ingredients at the health food store.

Blessings,

7 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Barb,

Thank you so much for stopping by. So very nice to meet you. Your blog is so sweet. Have a lovely day!

Gina

Unknown said...

Thanks for you comment. You have a lovely blog. I also love spending time with my dd's and gd's. Have fun. Linda

The WIlloughby Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweet little face!!! The other day I talked to her and she wanted to make sure I knew what day it was, it is good to have her keep me in check because (and not to my surprise) I honestly had no idea what the date was.

Packrat said...

What a sweet smile. :) God bless her! Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for the recipe for face lotion. Perfumes do me in.

Glad you have sunshine, too. Wouldn't you know, though, it is supposed to snow this weekend. I want to go up to UI for a recital of a couple music majors.

Beth at Aunties said...

I too love Averi's sweet precious face. Are these little ones the most priceless gifts?
I am glad she is helping others other understand disabilities. We all have them...some just aren't as visiable. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I spent part of yesterday with 4 grandchildren and my daughter.
LOVE those days!
~♥

Susan B said...

Averi looks so sweet. I hope you had a nice visit with her. You must love spending time with her.

Thank you for the recipe for the face cream.

Have a lovely weekend! (Love the bunny picture too!) :o)

Kimmie said...

What a gorgeous smile Miss Averi has, she looks a real sweetheart!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...