Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm ready . . .




I hope everyone is ready for christmas?  I have a few small details to finish up and then I'm ready.  It will be nice to have it done.

Can you remember when you were a child and you were so excited for Christmas morning?  I can remember going to my grandparents church on Christmas Eve, to watch the Nativity.  All of the children were dressed in costume and it was so fun.  The church was a big rock church that my great grandfather had helped design and build, so we felt a special connection to it.  We would sing-Away in a Manger and Silent Night,  then Santa would come and give us a small paper sack with an orange, hard candy and a candy cane in it, we thought it was so wonderful!!!  Sometimes they would have ice cream cones, and my grandfather would be the one who dished out the ice cream, I loved him so.  Then, on the way home, my father would find a star, and tell us that it was Rudolph's nose - we would believe him!  It was very comforting to know that we had just celebrated the birth of the Savior, and Santa was coming, all in one night! Random thoughts . . . . . .  I get very nostalgic this time of year. 

I think I will make, attempt to make, a pumpkin roll today, maybe two, and bring it to some of my neighbors.  I have the regular cleaning to do - laundry, vaccuming, changing the bed, just cleaning in general.  On Saturday, we are going to go see, "A Christmas Carol", put on at a local theater, with local actors - it should be fun - it will be a family outing with my kids and my daughter's in-laws and their children.  I think we will have cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate afterward.

I know that I have a tendency to get stressed out this time of year.  Here are a few tips to help:
  1. Count your blessings.
  2. Stick to your budget.
  3. Get creative.
  4. Give what you can.
  5. Don't expect perfection.
  6. Try not to procrastinate
  7. Use aromatherapy to de-stress
  8. Let go.
  9. Create new traditions.
  10. Get enough sleep.
  11. Be jolly.
  12. Laugh, dance, sing, and play. 
Just a little something fun - one of my favorite scenes  from, "It's a wonderful life", when George realizes how wonderful his life truly is!! 


    Have a great day!

    Blessings, Barb

    1 comment:

    The Stewart said...

    I LOVE It's a wonderful life!! It's one of my favorite Christmas movies. Sounds like fun traditions when you were little. I always love to hear things like that!

    Finally April~

      I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...