Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Crafty Hubby



I just have to share this with you - on Simplyprim.blogspot.com, I saw the cutest lamps that she made with decorative lanterns, you know, the kind  you buy at the craft store.  We just remodled our basement and being the thrifty girl that I am, I could not stand to spend 50.00 or 60.00, a piece,  on lamps for the family room. My husband was all for it, because he is thrifty too!  So, following her instructions, my crafty hubby,  put together two lamps for my familiy room.  They turned out so cute - the lanterns were $14.00 on sale, the lamp kit was about $6.00 at Lowes and the lampshade were some old ones I had.  So for about $40.00, I got two very nice lamps.  The lanterns have doors on them, so they can be filled with anything you want, for instance, Christmas bulbs, Fall leafs, candles (I would not light the candle), sea shells, etc. 

I am having a lot of fun decorating this room - and thanks to all of my blogging buddy's, with great ideas, I am finding so many fun ideas I would never have thought of.

Just a side note for my family - if the first end table looks familiar . . . I was at Bob's mother's house a while back and she wanted to know if I wanted the end tables,  that belonged to my parent's when they lived around the corner from her.  I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, so she brought one up for me to look at!  I was so surprised - she bought the end tables at a garage sale that my mother was having when they sold their home, which was right around the corner from my in-laws.  That was certainly a very difficult time for all of us, as my father was dying of cancer, and my mother was selling the home that my father built - I remember he was so sad.  I thought it was very sweet of her to keep the end tables all of these years. (at least 25).  One table was not in good shape and had to be thrown away, but,  I cherish the remaining table, it's not the prettiest table, but brings back memories of a time long past.

Have a great night all.

Blessings, Barb

1 comment:

The Stewart said...

Wow!! I have that lantern! good job!!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...