Friday, October 30, 2009

Baby, it's Cold Outside!!!


Well, it looks like winter has come to Idaho - no more mowing the lawn!  I am really glad I live where we have a change of seasons.  Winter gives me time to do all of the things that I need to do inside.  It gives me time to plan for summer - how I want my garden, what I will plant and how much.



Next Spring, we are going to have chickens - I know, it is a big thing, but it is one of the strides I am making toward self-sufficiency.  My grandkids have already named them!   I can't wait to have fresh eggs and hear the rooster crow in the morning.  We are also planning on putting a couple of steers in the pasture - we might as well utilize what we have, instead of letting someone else put their livestock in our pasture. 

I am also going to plant a couple of fruit trees - I know that they take a few years to produce, but I am willing to wait for my own apples!


"All  the flowers of all the tomorrows, are in the seeds of today"

I feel like I need to have a plan, even if I can't exicute it the way that I have in my dreams - someday it will happen.

Christmas will be upon us very quickly!  How many of you are ready, or at least thinking abou it?  I have decided that my Christmas will be one of meaning instead one of anxiety, stress and an empty pocket book.  My gifts will be simple pleasures - something meaningful, but not expensive.  I'm actually looking forward to the holidays, and the snow is making me even more excited!

Have a wonderful and SPOOKY week-end!

Blessings, Barb

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...