Friday, April 16, 2010

Fabulous Finds Friday!!

Yesterday my two daughters and I went to a great place called "Hidden Treasures"!  Wow, you can find anything there you might want, from used toilets to fine crystal!  They have everything under the sun, and stacked to the ceiling!  Checkout the blue box on the top shelf - there is a plastic head in it!!


Lots of beautiful old antiques and some not so old antiques - but everything was so fun to look at!


I wish I would have had lots of money to spend - it would  be gone!!


"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the most handsome prince of all!"
That would of course be, Caleb, my sweet little grandson!


And last, but not least, my fabulous find!  I have been looking for a small pitcher to hang on an antique hook in my kitchen.  I found this little beauty in with some kitchen gadgets - they wanted $25.00 for it.  I knew it was very old, and they don't barter with you much at Hidden Treasures, but I thought I would give it a try - he gave it to me for $20.00!  The big pitcher next to it was my great grandmothers - I saw one in an antique store many years ago, for $399.00, and they are almost identical . . . except for the size. 



Have a wonderful Friday!


Hugs,









9 comments:

Kimberly said...

great find Barb!

The Halls said...

It's always fun to wander around and look at things in a place like that, and even more fun when you find something and get a good deal on it. The pitcher is very pretty!
Love, Laura

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh, my favorite kind of place! I can just spend hours looking around. Your grandson is so cute! Looks like he had fun, too.

Have a good day!
Cheryl

Beth at Aunties said...

How fun to spend time with your daughters and then for a bonus find such a beauty! Caleb is a gorgeous little boy! :)

Kimmie said...

OoOoh I adore this kind of day~!
Luv the jugs!

Sheri said...

Yes, he IS the cutest, handsomest little Prince I've ever seen!!!
And I have to tell you, we tried your Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada recipe a couple of weeks ago -- DELICIOUS. So delicious that Courtney requested it for her birthday dinner tomorrow. Thanks for posting it!

Unknown said...

I love pitchers. It's one of the things I find hard to resist, but mine are not so fine as the one you got. It's lovely and the one from your grandmother is awesome, what a treasure.
Linda

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Good for you!
I found some treasures Friday, too!

Laura

Simply Heart And Home said...

Barbara,

I do love to haunt places like that now and again. You never know what you will find! :)

Have a lovely evening!

Gina

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...