Tuesday, May 22, 2018

In front of my camera . . .


We had such a crazy week of gorgeous sunny mornings, and cloudy, rainy windy afternoons and evenings, I'll be happy when Mother Nature settles down a bit.   I've been trying to spend a lot of time outside, soaking up my vitamin D.

My lilacs are so pretty this year.  It seems like every other year they are full and gorgeous, and this is that year.  Don't you wish you could just bottle that fragrance and open it when you need to smell Spring?!  I've had a few lilac candles, but it's just not the same.  I wish they would stick around until, Memorial Day, but they will probably be fading and falling by the 28th...which is also my sweeties birthday!



The kids were all here on Mother's Day, and you know me...I had my camera ready to take a few pictures of my grands.  I used to take more pictures than I do, I guess I'm just slowing down in my old age...actually, age has nothing to do with it, I'm just learning to enjoy the moment a little bit more, I do realize that these kids will grow up, and I need to just enjoy them, without a camera in my hand.


My sweet Clara...what a girl! 



 And my cute Tanner, my last little grand... what a cute face!  

I'm really trying to enjoy these little's while I can...they grow up so quickly, and this is it for me, my next little ones will be great-grands.  Wow, that hardly seems possible, I think I'll not think about that for a while... ;0)
Nathan learned to blow on the end of a dandelion stem and make it whistle...it worked too!  He could move the stem around and make different sounds, it was amazing!



Behind the shed there is a little marker where we buried my grandson's dog, Scout.  They kids were checking it out, and it looks like Nathan was telling them all about it.  We'll put flowers on it for Memorial Day...he was a sweet little dog.


This handsome boy, Caleb, another grand, ran a 5K last Saturday,  he really likes to run!  I think it's good for kids to get outside and exercise.  There are way too many kids who sit behind a screen all day.  I hope he continues to run and have fun for a very long time!


And this gorgeous girl is just growing up before my eyes!  I always call her, Miss Em, but she is my sweet, Emily.  Such a beautiful girl!


These two lovelies are back for the summer...I miss them during the winter, and always look forward to Spring when they come back.  Valentine and Princess, what beauties!  they are both in their twenties, and so they are slowing down a bit...just like me...only I'm not in my twenties ;0)


A few flowers from my pots.  I still have a little work to do in my raised beds.  I decided not to plant vegetables in them this year, so I am still deciding what to plant.  I want a few perennials, so I don't have to re-plant every year.  I have two beds, one with herbs, and then there will be one with flowers. 


Random things I find on my lawn.  We have huge hawks that fly around looking for mice and baby birds, and it looks like today they left a calling card.


Now, how could I leave without posting a gorgeous sunset photo?!  

Have a great week...be safe.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

6 comments:

Saimi said...

Lilacs really do have a wonderful smell to them. Mine are still young but blooming. When my husband and I go walking we can smell the ones that hang over fences and are big like yours. I thinks its a sweet picture of the kids standing around Scouts grave site. I'm sure they were hearing great stories of a loved dog. Your grandchildren are so adorable and growing. It is amazing how fast time goes. Mine are going to be in Kindergarten next fall. School all day everyday :( How nice to have the horses back they are beauties for sure as is your sunset!!! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Saimi

LeAnn said...

This was such a fun post. Yes, we must soak up sun as often as possible for that Vit. D. We have had a couple of lovely days and now it is suppose to rain this weekend. I haven't had enough time outside yet and you are inspiring me to do so.
Your lilac bushes look so lovely. I do enjoy the fragrance and it always brings memories of my grandmother. I really love our lilac bush and I wish it would bloom longer too.
The photos of your grandchildren are awesome. Enjoy your moments with them but also continue to take photos. My grandchildren complain and children too because I have my camera out. I was just like that when I was there age with my Mom. I am now so grateful for the photos she took.
I really love the photos of the beautiful horses. I loved petting them with Taylor Jo and the others last year.
Wishing for you a lovely weekend. Sending lots of loving thoughts and hugs your way!

Cindy said...

Your grand kids are adorable! And I love that picture of the sunset.

Shug said...

I love this post Barb. So many interesting things to see and read about. LOL....at first, I thought Nathan had made him a cig out of a old stick! How neat to be able to make noises from the stem. Your kiddos are so cute and they are growing up so fast. I love how you are a such a family person.....I am too. God's beautiful Blessings are in our families and isn't it wonderful to have the time to enjoy every moment of the joy they bring? Gorgeous flowers and Beautiful family..... hugs Barb.

Vee said...

Take their photos just as often as they allow. My grands are in a photo freeze. You sure have a beautiful batch of grands! I like the natural lawn vignette.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful photos!!! The weather has been crazy. I have been enjoying the last couple of days. Your grandchildren are so adorable. Being a grandma is the best.

Leap Day . . .

  I need to hurry and get this post up before tomorrow! Outside My Window... It's a very gray 29th of February, and we are expecting a s...